Change Live ID login email address

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a question, and I hope this is the right place.

I log in to Windows Live with a non-hotmail address. I've now changed the address, and would like to change my Live login to the new address.

Can this be done? I can't find an option for it when i log in.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
In order to change the Windows Live ID used to access features like Marketplace, Xbox LIVE and Zune Pass from your Windows? Phone 7, you’ll need to reset your phone.

However, other email accounts, including additional Windows Live accounts, can be removed without resetting your phone.

WARNING: Resetting your phone will erase all your personal content, including apps that you purchased and downloaded, and will restore the factory settings. You may not be able to transfer purchased content to a different Windows Live ID.

If you are sure you need to change the Windows Live ID for your phone, go to Settings then to About and tap reset your phone.

Also:
Help and How To for Windows Live ID on the new Windows Phone is here:

Ringtones and Sounds | Silence Ringer | Vibrate Settings | Download Ringtones | Windows Phone 7

Good luck.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
can i add an email address, and use it as default, but still use the old email address to log into Live?

That would solve the problems without having to reset the phone.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can add an email adress from where you sync emails. And another only for your LiveID.

Go to settings -> email+accounts -> tap on your Windows Live account -> uncheck the box Email under section "Content to synchronise".
By doing this you stop the Os from syncing emails from Live account.
Now add an alternative account and let that account sync emails.

Good luck :)

P.S.
With emails there is always another way to solve a problem.
The option to make filters and forward emails adds so many options that you almost never have to delete an email account.

caret

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What if you are cancelling the email address that you use to login to windows live. Then what?

One of my Live logons is from an old domain of mine that has been defunct for 10 years. In short, the logon 'email' is simply an account name, it just happens that if has a Microsoft domain suffix, you probably got it when signing up for a free email account, if that makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven