New Lumia 610, "hotmail can't be registered at this time" error

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Very, very irritating. So last night I started setting my new Lumia 610 up and first I registered my Xbox live account in the "Games" app that came with the phone, worked like a charm. There was my avatar just like on my 360. Then I proceeded to register my 10 year old hotmail account (which is linked with my 360 account btw) but it just keeps saying -in Swedish- "Log-in successful" and then a couple of second passes and down drops a message "Unfortunately you can't be connected at this moment" or something and nothing registers. I tried to register my yahoo mail, work like a charm the first try. How come Microsoft's own service doesn't even work on their own devices?! It boggles the mind, this was the last place I though I'd hit patrol when I bought the phone.

Someone please help because I'm highly dependent on that "old" hotmail account, also, very very bad microsoft very very bad.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait a while and try again. Sounds most likely like Hotmail is having some server issues, rather than some problem with what you are trying to do.

I have login issues with both the email accounts on my phone occasionally, and usually moving to my PC shows exactly the same issue. Meaning its not the phone, its the service itself.

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait a while and try again. Sounds most likely like Hotmail is having some server issues, rather than some problem with what you are trying to do.

I have login issues with both the email accounts on my phone occasionally, and usually moving to my PC shows exactly the same issue. Meaning its not the phone, its the service itself.

That's what I thought as well, since there is no error code or anything. Guess I'll have to wait a few days and see what happens. Thanks!

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
A little update. Today I was at my local phone operator shop and tried to register my hotmail on one of their display phones, worked straight away! So I went home, did a factory reset and it registered at the first try without a hitch so I'm happy as a clam now. Too bad a total reset was necessary though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)