Instagram on Windows Phone

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone needs all the popular apps (Especially Instagram) for it to survive. If your phone doesn't have today's popular app, then that is a deal breaker for some. I don't get why after 3 years in the market Microsoft still struggles to get apps that IOS and Android phones had months ago.

3 years? 2010-2012. Might wanna run that math again. But, point taken and agreed upon. I'm not an Instagram or Facebook user (I do use Twitter), so I couldn't really care if those apps are on the platform or not for my personal use. But, from a wanting to to see the platform grow and a dreading going to Android or iOS standpoint, I'm all in.

But, as others have stated... if Instagram didn't even want to bring its app to the top-selling mobile OS in the world, why would they bring it to what is currently a distant third? Hopefully, they reconsider at some point. But, my take on it is that WP will rise and with it original apps that are unique to it like Wordament. We'll see that more and more then the conversation turns... until the sun went down.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Instagram would help WP8 that's for sure. And just because it comes to WP8 does not mean you have to use it, if you don't like it, don't use it. The point is, if it's on WP8, people have that option to switch to WP8. Like it or not, for some people it's important, I tried selling WP8 to 3 people I know who were looking for a new smartphone and the first thing they asked me was does it have Instagram, and when I told them no they decided to get an S3 cuz it's cheaper than the iPhone. Now, the Lumia 920 is cheaper here than both of those, if only it had Instagram.

StaticMain

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree in the sense that apps like instagram will help the wp8 community grow. What I would love to see more is an app similar to the quality of IG, just exclusive and unique to wp8 users. What made IG so popular in the first place was that it was an arguably original ideal that was being sold to a closed market. Users felt cool because it was exclusive and nobody else had it but the iPhone.

Wp8 is prime for an app developer to capitalize on such a concept. If a *quality* app were developed, everybody on the platform would adopt it simply because there's no other alternative. In that event I would say f* IG, I have something better.

**** maybe I'll develop said app.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No. Just because I don't work for Apple doesn't mean I'd be wrong in saying that Apple is not going to be selling a phone with android on it. Why would it make me wrong for saying IG is not working on a WP version of IG? It's been said a million times that they aren't working on one. I'm just saying, if instagram is a deal breaker for you guys, get a different phone. It doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. If it does, great, just don't hold your breath over it.

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
They should really just open up the API to allow 3rd party developers to post pics. Because there are some pretty nice instagram clients like Metrogram that are beautifully designed.

John Kwon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I heard you need to work at a specific company in order to paraphrase what they say.

I've only heard that Instagram has said they're not currently working on a WP8 version, not that they're never going to do it. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've only heard that Instagram has said they're not currently working on a WP8 version, not that they're never going to do it. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct, but no one ever said they are "never" going to make a wp app - that would be a pretty bold statement. However, I believe it was fairly recent that they stated they have no plans for WP so I would not expect anything by pressing them to make an app not long after they've denied possibility of it (especially since from their perspective, we really don't have enough numbers to make it a priority of any kind).

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree in the sense that apps like instagram will help the wp8 community grow. What I would love to see more is an app similar to the quality of IG, just exclusive and unique to wp8 users. What made IG so popular in the first place was that it was an arguably original ideal that was being sold to a closed market. Users felt cool because it was exclusive and nobody else had it but the iPhone.

Wp8 is prime for an app developer to capitalize on such a concept. If a *quality* app were developed, everybody on the platform would adopt it simply because there's no other alternative. In that event I would say f* IG, I have something better.

**** maybe I'll develop said app.

You are welcome to try my friend.

John Kwon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe you are correct, but no one ever said they are "never" going to make a wp app.

BotanicalStig said "it isn't coming," which is an absolute statement on par with "it's never coming." If he'd said "it isn't coming any time soon" or "for now, it isn't coming," I'd understand. This is why I asked if he works there. I thought maybe he knew something I didn't. If he did work there and had inside info, there could be technical or political reasons for IG deciding they should never do a WP app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss