Instagram on Windows Phone

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Trading in a phone you like due to one app? My word...i can see a HS kid doing this but an adult?

Doesn't seem strange to me. It's what she enjoys. Why change devices if it can't do what you want it to? It's like getting a new car but without power windows. Hard to give something up you like.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Trading in a phone you like due to one app? My word...i can see a HS kid doing this but an adult?

It's similar to how I won't use anything other than WP because of the MS ecosystem. At least she only returned it... I know my friend got sold a Lumia 800, she didn't like it, probably wanted to smash the sales rep's head in. The rep tried to say it was like a Galaxy Note... Even I went on the warpath then and I'm an MS fan. I'm glad they're trying to push WP but doing it through outright lies... Fortunately for her, her phone got destroyed so she's back to her Samsung Galaxy budget phone.

Dave_97865

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm fresh from the Android world and I think they brainwash folks to think these Instagram/Pintrest type websites are so hip and cool, but they might very well be forgotten 5-10 years from now.

I'm really more interested in business and productivity apps. I like that Office is already built in and integrated.

I would like a Bill reminder app, and I see several, so I will try them... I was using Manilla on Android, but that's missing now. No big deal.

There are also a ton of Stock apps for WP. That's great. Can't wait to try them.

So anyway, a picture is a picture. I don't really get it why one site should have such a corner on pics.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm fresh from the Android world and I think they brainwash folks to think these Instagram/Pintrest type websites are so hip and cool, but they might very well be forgotten 5-10 years from now.

its just about the community, end of story. Got a ton of feedback on photos, had a set friends list. At this point, it is brainwashing. Its like if some people switched and didn't get Facebook. Same deal in some cases. Instagram is huge.

Parker86

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Went from the iphone 4s to the wp8 because i got the hp envy laptop with w8 and i love the quick sharing with my xbox live and music accounts. was really surprised when i went to just download all the "usuals" like ig and wells fargo app and a few others and they werent there... little more that bummed about this. hope they get on the ball, especially with the banking app. I run my business with the Wells Fargo CEO app now i have to tote my ultra book every where using my wireless hotspot. Ig would be fun to have again too... heres to hoping.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Went from the iphone 4s to the wp8 because i got the hp envy laptop with w8 and i love the quick sharing with my xbox live and music accounts. was really surprised when i went to just download all the "usuals" like ig and wells fargo app and a few others and they werent there... little more that bummed about this. hope they get on the ball, especially with the banking app. I run my business with the Wells Fargo CEO app now i have to tote my ultra book every where using my wireless hotspot. Ig would be fun to have again too... heres to hoping.

Came from the same deal... Same disappointment. Every app on earth, to a couple of em. Lol. Some of them are half assed. Like yelp, you can't even login / checkin on the WP8 app.. Etc.

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Came from the same deal... Same disappointment. Every app on earth, to a couple of em. Lol. Some of them are half assed. Like yelp, you can't even login / checkin on the WP8 app.. Etc.

i was just telling my gf that same thing the other day about the yelp app. i am not a big yelper, but i do like to have my favorites list of places to visit, checking in, uploading pics, etc. lol.

really hope instagram has some sort of upload function soon for wp8. ive been using a desktop android emulator on my laptop to use instagram here and there, but it really isnt the same as using it on the phone.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
i was just telling my gf that same thing the other day about the yelp app. i am not a big yelper, but i do like to have my favorites list of places to visit, checking in, uploading pics, etc. lol.

really hope instagram has some sort of upload function soon for wp8. ive been using a desktop android emulator on my laptop to use instagram here and there, but it really isnt the same as using it on the phone.
bluestacks? Tried that and it won't recognize my gfx card. Too bad, that could be useful for more than just instagram. I still have my 3Gs so I do that sometime when there's something I absolutely have to post.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm really more interested in business and productivity apps. I like that Office is already built in and integrated.

I would like a Bill reminder app, and I see several, so I will try them... I was using Manilla on Android, but that's missing now. No big deal.

There are also a ton of Stock apps for WP. That's great. Can't wait to try them.

So anyway, a picture is a picture. I don't really get it why one site should have such a corner on pics.

I can tell you as a heavy user that Pinterest is a damn good service. I've gotten so many recipes from friends. My cousin even found this great homemade toy organizer through Pinterest. Its helping me and my wife with all sorts of ideas with our first kid on the way. Fine if its not for you. And there will probably be a new app in a few years that will do the same thing and more. But right now, Pinterest is pretty useful.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
To answer the same question quoted above... And some others... To sum it all up for the skeptics. Instagram makes you wanna take a photo. Gives you the incentive to snap a quick shot of what you're doing. Its like twitters' 140 characters, but a photo telling the moment. People need instagram BC their friends from FB or twitter and or elsewhere all can be in one unified place.

Who wants to clutter up a site like Flickr with a photo about what they're eating or doing right now lol. Flickr is for photography, is how I see it. So none of your fellow instagramers would find themselves on Flickr anyway. Your followers make themselves unique to you in that way.

Another reason, is maybe you don't want ALL your FB friends to be bothered with your photos, you only have your followers group. You can post freely, knowing thesePeople that signed up TO see your pointless photos.

I think the question these people need to ask is why people take dumb photos. Answer? Instagram. Lol, don't bother asking why instagram is praised. Brainwashed or not, what are apps for. And its extreme bull that one can't choose their phone for these apps, they must go by OS restriction.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

5-10 years? Give it another year or two and we probably will never hear of Instagram again. Most of the young people these days just jump from fad to fad these days and when some celebrity types start using something new everyone will get off the Instagram bandwagon.

Then when everyone is on something new there won't be people defending it, saying how important it is to their daily lives.

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Like I said before, WP lack of apps doesn't stop with Instagram...There are a huge list of apps that are missing on the platform. Yes there are apps being added in the marketplace daily but 80% of those are junk or wannabe apps.

If things don't change, WP will suffer the same fate as Zune and Hd-Dvd. Now my contract ends in Feb and I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship, especially after the Google fiasco and Nokia statement, unless things change.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Like I said before, WP lack of apps doesn't stop with Instagram...There are a huge list of apps that are missing on the platform. Yes there are apps being added in the marketplace daily but 80% of those are junk or wannabe apps.

If things don't change, WP will suffer the same fate as Zune and Hd-Dvd. Now my contract ends in Feb and I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship, especially after the Google fiasco and Nokia statement, unless things change.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

HD-DVD was no fault of MS. It was doing just fine until Sony bought out all non Blueray supporters.
The Zune HD was an awesome device with horrible marketing. I never cared it didn't have apps, but I know some people did. I am very concerned with Windows Phone as I do think MS sees it as a hobby instead of a core market. It certainly feels that way to me. When they can't even bring first party apps to the platform first, its doomed. Also they have been ripping the floor out from under the platform to grown their other brands (xbox live, office).

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
very popular app and no good alternative.. It won't stop

That's not true... EyeEm and Fhotobooth are both great alternatives. The issue is that people aren't using EyeEm or Fhotobooth, they're using Instagram. This is what the IG haters don't get; it's not about the app, it's about the community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99