Instagram on Windows Phone

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have no desire to use it, but by judging some of the posts here, I realize how important it is to other people and if it makes WP more appealing I'm all for it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow this thread.

It's the same thing being said over and over and over throughout the entire thread.

Talk about spinning top in mud.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.

Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.

but I thought Facebook bought instagram

mohdbh

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

I have iPhone 4 currently

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Social sites come 'n go and Instagram are short sighted if they think they'll achieve the same longevity as Facebook. I would want the app across all platforms to achieve maximum user numbers before it catches a cold.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

I have iPhone 4 currently

I was also thinking like this, but I wanted the phone so badly. Even though I don't have instagram its not too big of a problem.

web99

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
She probably just uses Android/ iOS.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

All these mentions of petitions also make me laugh...I think if you could convince Jessica Alba to ask them for it you would stand a better chance of getting it...

I believe it's coming and since I've seen videos not related to gadget sites where she is carrying a 920 (now white) everywhere with her, I would imagine that she is still using the 920...she might have multiple phones though although I've only seen her holding a 920

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if this question is stupid, buy why don't 3rd party devs add the function of uploading pictures to Instagram to their apps? Is it difficult to do this, or do they need permission from Instagram or what? I've seen some 3rd party Instagram apps but none with the ability to upload.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb