Instagram on Windows Phone

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I know alot of people have been talking about instagram coming to WP8, so I thought we as a community could just tweet the **** outta them. What do you think?

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see it come to WP. I don't use it to upload photos so much but I do absolutely LOVE to follow certain folks who produce some beautiful photos. Not to mention following the SF Giants and SF 49'ers has been a freaking awesome experience getting truly behind the scenes photos. ESP when the Giants won the World Series. It's not just for photos of feet or food.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why do so many people dislike the idea of Instagram coming to WP8? Think of how it can help the platform gain adoption. Everyone I know that uses Instagram uses it for the social aspect. It's just like Facebook or Twitter in that regard, to them. They could care less about what phone it's on but not having it on WP makes them not want to consider WP. Who cares what your personal opinions of Instagram are, the fact of the matter is that it would be great for the WP ecosystem. No one can argue this. Especially with the capabilities that the "Lenses" feature could provide to Instagram. Plainly said, WP could definitely use Instagram to help it gain adoption and grow the ecosystem. No arguing this.

So yes, I agree, let's do what we can to get it on WP!

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
"Hey I really hope WP8 gets more apps that tons of people use!"

Some basement dweller: "No!"

Come on guys. I don't use pintrest or whatsapp or Pandora, but I'd be damned if I said windows phone shouldn't have it. (this is an inb4 basically)

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nobody said they don't want apps to come to windows phone.

If its that important to you guys you're on the wrong platform. A new "y no instagram?" thread gets posted here every couple days. It isn't being developed and it most likely wont for some time, if ever.

We need a forum bot that responds to all threads with the word instagram in the title with a phrase such as, "Not enough hipsters on wp...beep boop... Try iphone... Beep boop..."

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@kevin is also a good one to tweet, says he's the CEO of jnstagram.

And like others said, we should be raising h*ll to get every popular iOS/Android app on WP8.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Lenas

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Considering the fact that Facebook purchased Instagram, and Facebook has yet to make their own Windows Phone application, I'm gonna go ahead and say this is really unlikely...

Blame Mark Zuckerberg.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Nobody said they don't want apps to come to windows phone.

If its that important to you guys you're on the wrong platform. A new "y no instagram?" thread gets posted here every couple days. It isn't being developed and it most likely wont for some time, if ever.

We need a forum bot that responds to all threads with the word instagram in the title with a phrase such as, "Not enough hipsters on wp...beep boop... Try iphone... Beep boop..."

Why is it always some jerk-off on forums that just bash for the sake of bashing. If you don't like instagram or whatever then keep on ****ing pushing. I clearly stated that I know there are several I want IG threads. This is a petition of sorts for those in the WP community to come together to possibly get the app on this platform. If you don't wanna be apart of it then don't.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I want instagram on WP. Not because I use the app, because I don't but it can potentially bring more users. Isn't that what we want? Plus it gives up more options in our app store. Having the top branded apps is always a good thing. Even if those apps are considered stupid or fit for only hipsters or wannabes

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone needs all the popular apps (Especially Instagram) for it to survive. If your phone doesn't have today's popular app, then that is a deal breaker for some. I don't get why after 3 years in the market Microsoft still struggles to get apps that IOS and Android phones had months ago.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone needs all the popular apps (Especially Instagram) for it to survive. If your phone doesn't have today's popular app, then that is a deal breaker for some. I don't get why after 3 years in the market Microsoft still struggles to get apps that IOS and Android phones had months ago.

EExactly! This isn't just about IG. Its about WP growing. I personally don't want to go back to iOS or Android, but that's what's going to happen if the apps available on WP don't expand b/c the OS will be abandoned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb