According to Zdnet WP dropped in market share?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the report for October. Did you not see the line that said with the release of Windows Phone 8 at the end of October perhaps we'll see a jump in Microsoft?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Of course Microsoft dropped, everyone was holding out for WP8 specially since you can't upgrade to it with the older devices. From what I've been reading WP8 is selling pretty well, so the next quarter numbers will be interesting.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if WP8 and the marketing blitz can get market share growing. On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if WP8 and the marketing blitz can get market share growing. On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.
Maybe more folks will be getting new Windows Phones as holiday gifts.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep. July through October was doubtlessly terrible for sales, since Microsoft announced WP7.X was being ditched, and there were no WP8 devices on the market to buy.

jhony123

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
On a recent business trip, everyone I ran into wanted to check out my 920, but I still haven't run into anyone else that has a windows phone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have bumped into several Windows Phones as of late. I used to be "that guy with the WP," but now I see a LOT more devices out there, especially with AT&T and T-Mobile users.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have bumped into several Windows Phones as of late. I used to be "that guy with the WP," but now I see a LOT more devices out there, especially with AT&T and T-Mobile users.

It's less popular here in Canada... generally people who are not familiar with brands ask me if it's an Android phone......

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's less popular here in Canada... generally people who are not familiar with brands ask me if it's an Android phone......
There is no visibility up here, no promotions - nothing. At a Rogers store, the WP8 phones were tucked into a corner, the largest carrier here (MTS) has got a Lumia 710 and that's it with no WP8 device it's offering. Telus, whom I'm with, only has one device on it's website, the Ativ and only says it's "coming soon".

And you're surprised no one knows what kind of phone you own?

I'm going to try something the next time I'm in a mall. I'm going to walk into a phone store and say "I'm looking for something different" and see what the rep suggests.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
There is no visibility up here, no promotions - nothing. At a Rogers store, the WP8 phones were tucked into a corner, the largest carrier here (MTS) has got a Lumia 710 and that's it with no WP8 device it's offering. Telus, whom I'm with, only has one device on it's website, the Ativ and only says it's "coming soon".

And you're surprised no one knows what kind of phone you own?

I'm going to try something the next time I'm in a mall. I'm going to walk into a phone store and say "I'm looking for something different" and see what the rep suggests.

- Different? Alright! May I show you the Samsung Galaxy S3 with that phone you will make the heads turn and you will simply feel different.
- But what about the Nokia Lumia 920?
- Well it's way too thick and heavy, I wouldn't recommend it.Perhaps you would prefer the Nexus 4!?
- I want something different.
- The Nexus 4 is brand new!

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
- Different? Alright! May I show you the Samsung Galaxy S3 with that phone you will make the heads turn and you will simply feel different.
- But what about the Nokia Lumia 920?
- Well it's way too thick and heavy, I wouldn't recommend it.Perhaps you would prefer the Nexus 4!?
- I want something different.
- The Nexus 4 is brand new!

I agree. That's pretty much how it would go down I'm sure. I'd at least hope that if the rep talked me out of a 920, he'd show me an 8X.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I saw a lot of Radars last time I was in Montreal... mostly on Videotron. You guys just live in the wrong part of the country ;)

I'm dead centre of the Country and our largest provider here has only one WP7 device - a Lumia 710. Rogers has the 920 and the 8X but they don't give a tinkers cuss about them. Bell just entered the game and they have an 8X, and Telus will carry the Ativ (whenever the **** that may be). As far as this country is concerned, there are only two handsets worth getting: the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5.

It's utterly ridiculous.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm dead centre of the Country and our largest provider here has only one WP7 device - a Lumia 710. Rogers has the 920 and the 8X but they don't give a tinkers cuss about them. Bell just entered the game and they have an 8X, and Telus will carry the Ativ (whenever the **** that may be). As far as this country is concerned, there are only two handsets worth getting: the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5.

It's utterly ridiculous.

Dead center of Canada (Saskatchewan) happens to be in the middle of ****ing nowhere. I am not surprised.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo