12-10-2012 01:13 PM
57 123
tools
    The ad campaign is doing it's job. Getting attention.
    12-06-2012 08:56 AM
    The ad campaign is doing it's job. Getting attention.
    It's actually quite funny
    12-06-2012 09:04 AM
    Anyway... Microsoft is gaining ground... The proof is That the quality on the threads is getting worse... Proof that there is a lot of new users ;)
    rockstarzzz and Cellus13 like this.
    12-06-2012 09:07 AM
    ever heard of negative publicity? yeah, not a good thing.
    Negative publicity is when your business practices cause Chinese workers to jump off buildings and it gets out into the press. Taking potshots at a much larger competitor (even if they're ridiculous and unfounded) only gets you attention and makes people aware that you even have a product, which is important this early in the game. People will eventually forget about the campaign (except for Android fanboys who would never buy a WP8 device anyway), but all of a sudden there are a lot more people who have somewhere in the back of their mind that there's a third option that might be viable soon, and to keep an eye out to see if it goes anywhere.

I personally would have targeted the #droidrage campaign at OS upgrades (or lack of), rather than malware, but whatever works.
    12-06-2012 09:28 AM
    ever heard of negative publicity? yeah, not a good thing.
    Yeah, those anti iPhone ads Samsung was running sure had a reverse impact for the Galaxy III.
    12-06-2012 09:39 AM
    Clean your own house first before pointing fingers at others Microsoft.
    The same can be said for everyone else, no? If you think that Android is a finished polished product, you're fooling yourself. I don't like negative advertising (thank you American politics), but if you think a company is going to sell based on its own virtues alone, welcome to the 21st century.
    Reflexx, brmiller1976 and Cellus13 like this.
    12-06-2012 09:49 AM
    Really, why would an actual android user care about this enough to post on a WP board? I really don't think anyone could really have so little sense of humor as to be offended.
    12-06-2012 10:03 AM
    Yeah, those anti iPhone ads Samsung was running sure had a reverse impact for the Galaxy III.
    Mark your post dude. 6 months later I'll come back and ask you whether this campaign had the same Galaxy S III effect or not. That phone sold nearly 20 million units in a few months. So between the 4-5 WP8 handsets that should be around 30-40 million units by Q3 2013? We'll see.
    12-06-2012 10:14 AM
    Really, why would an actual android user care about this enough to post on a WP board? I really don't think anyone could really have so little sense of humor as to be offended.
    Why would any android user post on this board? But yet the obvious troll does and is having a field day in this thread and on this board.
    BotanicalStig likes this.
    12-06-2012 10:50 AM
    Trolls know that this is the most popular WP forum on the web. They figure that if they could plant doubt here, then that could somehow slow MS's success.
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    12-06-2012 10:56 AM
    This entire campaign is stupid. How about Microsoft take a look at multiple threads posted on these forums about how WP8 was rushed and missing basic features. Fix the damn OS already, get some kind of traction and then take a poke at competition. The reason why Samsung is poking fun at iPhone 5 with their S3 now is because S3 is outselling iPhone5. Give me my ******* orientation lock, it's not 1995.
    12-06-2012 10:59 AM
    I agree with Microsoft's Droidrage nonsense being pitiful, but the os is not broken all the issues you described can be said about Android and IOS.
    The bottom line is that Android, iOS, and Windows will continue to have issues due to various problems such as software and hardware mismatches. All OS's are works in progress and will continue to evolve as customers demand newer features. Lastly, if you did not want to have a discussion, please refrain from using discussion boards as it is a pointless endeavor for you. Good luck in your future prospect of phones and OS's.
    12-06-2012 12:00 PM
    I think I remember this Ammarmalik guy whining about some other things related to WP and MS all over this forum. I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says.
    fifthGear likes this.
    12-06-2012 12:44 PM
    Yes but it's hilarious when a company with 2% market share takes shots at a someone with 70% market share.
    But enough about Apple and the "Mac versus PC" ads.

Microsoft's perfectly within their rights to point out that Android is a buggly, laggy, crash-prone, malware-riddled mess of a user experience. Security companies already note it. Carriers (even in store) point it out. App developers know it. Even Android handset vendors know it. Google's internal communications concede it.

I'm glad to see Microsoft taking on the competition. The fact that it has enraged legions of Android fanboys to the point of launching a "counter campaign" and trolling Windows Phone Central's boards only shows that it's close to the mark in accuracy and reality. Android fans are touchy about their phones' well-documented issues, after all.
    12-06-2012 04:37 PM
    The truth hurts.
    brmiller1976 and Cellus13 like this.
    12-06-2012 07:12 PM
    And enough nonsense about how "Google never does anything nasty to its competition."

Copying Microsoft and Apple -- often directly down to basic interface guidelines -- is pretty nasty. Google should come up with its own ideas.

Compared to Google's endless copying, Microsoft's facts-based warnings of Android's many problems is mild indeed.
    12-06-2012 07:26 PM
    Um, when you are fighting tooth and nail for marketshare, there is no negative marketing- just marketing. Anything that gets your name out there, it doesn't matter. Welcome to the real world, its not all puppies, it's sell or be killed off.
    12-06-2012 08:26 PM
    The Android community is a bunch of delicate flowers. Sure, they have 75% market share. Sure, everyone who doesn't use Android is stupid. But criticize Android, even mildly, and they let loose the Whining Hounds of Hades.

"How dare you?"
    "This is tasteless!"
    "Microsoft is sooooo lame d00d!"
    "Google is so nice and cool and ethical, Micro$oft is evul!"

I cannot remember a group of people in the history of consumer technology who was this whiny while being on top. Even the hard-core Apple fanboys of the dark days of the 1990s were less reactionary.

Seems to me that Google's stint at the top is destined to be temporary.
    12-07-2012 10:40 AM
    I love how a lot of Google fans think they are some sort of ethical, people's company and toss around words like "free" and "open source" yet simply disregard their scumball tactics that they use for end user privacy and data.

Also, the people getting upset would never make good sales people if they just want to be nice to everyone. They would probably end up saying, "Hey we make this product, but the competitor's is better" since they want everyone to play nice.
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    12-07-2012 01:55 PM
    Seems to me that Google's stint at the top is destined to be temporary.
    Your vitriol directed towards Google is most apparent. Have Google personally offended you in some way?
    12-07-2012 02:18 PM
    Folks need to step back and realize they're passionately arguing on the internet about a phone.
    tarzanmarzan and HaibaneReki like this.
    12-07-2012 02:58 PM
    This thread is amazing! It's so intense. Trolls make life fun.
    12-07-2012 03:47 PM
    #AndroidSux

Why would anyone want one???? I've all four major OS's Android bottom feeds for sure!!

Much like their angry little trolls. Now that would be a great game/ Angry Trolls!
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    12-07-2012 04:37 PM
    Your vitriol directed towards Google is most apparent. Have Google personally offended you in some way?
    Wait, let me get this straight: A bunch of posters come in here and call Microsoft a bunch names, several people step up and shoot back at Google, and the best you've got is "Why are you so mean to Google?"

The armchair psychiatry routine is a little thin. "And how does that make you feel?"
    12-07-2012 04:51 PM
    Wait, let me get this straight: A bunch of posters come in here and call Microsoft a bunch names, several people step up and shoot back at Google, and the best you've got is "Why are you so mean to Google?"

The armchair psychiatry routine is a little thin. "And how does that make you feel?"
    I've not seen any evidence on this forum of a bunch of posters coming to this forum and calling Microsoft a bunch of names. But there does seem to be an irrational hatred of Google for some reason.
    12-07-2012 05:17 PM
57 123