#DroidRage, really, Microsoft?!

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
is anyone else here ashamed too? The SmokedByWP and other campains were somehow competitive at least, but this is plain shameful :(

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Who cares? it's not the first time a company is taking shots at another...
Yes but it's hilarious when a company with 2% market share takes shots at a someone with 70% market share. It's a shameful smear campaign that has blown up in Microsoft's face. Just go and see the response on Twitter. It's embarrassing if you're from Microsoft but it's hilarious if you're from a neutral party or from the Android side.
Also before taking shot at a OS with 70% marketshare and 700,000 apps maybe Microsoft should first focus on perfecting their own broken OS. Poor apps, dreadful battery, reboot issues and what not. Perhaps focus on fixing this s*** and less focus on below-the-belt PR campaigns.

The whole thing would make sense if it was Apple doing this campaign. But Windows Phone? This must be a joke.

1fishermun

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes but it's hilarious when a company with 2% market share takes shots at a someone with 70% market share. It's a shameful smear campaign that has blown up in Microsoft's face. Just go and see the response on Twitter. It's embarrassing if you're from Microsoft but it's hilarious if you're from a neutral party or from the Android side.
Also before taking shot at a OS with 70% marketshare and 700,000 apps maybe Microsoft should first focus on perfecting their own broken OS. Poor apps, dreadful battery, reboot issues and what not. Perhaps focus on fixing this s*** and less focus on below-the-belt PR campaigns.

The whole thing would make sense if it was Apple doing this campaign. But Windows Phone? This must be a joke.

I agree with Microsoft's Droidrage nonsense being pitiful, but the os is not broken all the issues you described can be said about Android and IOS.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Most Android users have low end android phones... so they certainly get a lot of #droidrage since android used to be VERY buggy... While Microsoft's low-end phones are not buggy at all... Calm down... Microsoft is not insulting your mom....

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Microsoft's Droidrage nonsense being pitiful, but the os is not broken all the issues you described can be said about Android and IOS.
No they can't be said about Android or iOS. I'm not going to go into this discussion but rest assure if Android or iOS was suffering with severe issues as Windows Phone 8 is right now, Apple or Google would bring out an update within WEEKS. Please tell me again when is the next update for Windows Phone scheduled? January? Feb? That's 3 or 4 months after initial release. Good luck being an early adopter.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The things MS does in the past couple years baffled me. This adds to that list. Their track records needs a look before they point fingers

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Most Android users have low end android phones... so they certainly get a lot of #droidrage since android used to be VERY buggy... While Microsoft's low-end phones are not buggy at all... Calm down... Microsoft is not insulting your mom....
Should I link you to some sales figures of Galaxy S III, Note 2, Note 1 and Galaxy S II? I'd rather not because I'm hoping you get the point.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Should I link you to some sales figures of Galaxy S III, Note 2, Note 1 and Galaxy S II? I'd rather not because I'm hoping you get the point.

Most people have a low budget and take a 3year plan which means that there is a big bunch of people with 3 years old android phone... I don't care about your numbers... the consumer is not that loyal to a smartphone OS they change once in a while and I am not surprise to see people participate... Microsoft is not even saying anything... they just retweet...

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys are taking this way too personal... who cares? Is it different from the campaign Apple did against Microsoft with arguments that were 10 years old? I don't think so...

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's #droidrage campaign results in #windowsrage on Twitter | The Verge

#windowsrage. Wow this is priceless. Anyone remember when Ballmer made fun of the iPhone a little after its launch? And when he completely shot down Android a little before his launch? Maybe he should make fun of Windows Phone now, that will certainly make it a success story if we're to go by what happened in the past.

Hehe, good one! :)

What's sad for me is, that until now it was fun being fan of WP. It was playful, beautifully different, had apps that mattered, went it's own path not caring about what others say, simply smoking them. This has spoiled it for me. It's not the end of the world (not yet anyway) ;) but I want the Microsoft/Nokia tandem to succeed and this is not helping...