WP8 Outlook / Gmail Questions - New User

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

New to WP8 and have a few questions.

1. I have set outlook.com as my main account and email address... and i have my google contacts synced with my outlook.com account.
Problem is, other than syncing email... there is no option to sync contacts or calandars from my outlook.com account. If i want my gmail contacts i would have to do it by setting up my gmail email account, and then have that option selected.

2. If i can resolve my first question, does outlook.com always sync with my gmail contacts. in other words, if i make a change from outlook.com, will it sync to gmail, and vice versa.

3. When these changes are made on my WP8, does the same apply?

Thanks in advance!

Skeet1981

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't get outlook to sync anything. Just kept saying "cannot find settings" or something along those lines. So i gave up with the whole outlook business and just stuck to my gmail. 😭

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Why stick with Gmail at all? It adds confusion and Google is always breaking things.

Just migrate all your contacts over to Outlook, and start using Outlook.com. Then you don't have to worry about all of Google's problems.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why stick with Gmail at all? It adds confusion and Google is always breaking things.

Just migrate all your contacts over to Outlook, and start using Outlook.com. Then you don't have to worry about all of Google's problems.

That would be fine, if i could find a way to sync between outlook.com and wp8... outside of email.

if there is a way i would love to know.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that you designate Outlook.com as "Microsoft Exchange" rather than "Email." Otherwise, for some stupid reason, it defaults to IMAP and doesn't provide the same services that it does for Hotmail/Live.com (which Outlook.com essentially is).

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't get outlook to sync anything. Just kept saying "cannot find settings" or something along those lines. So i gave up with the whole outlook business and just stuck to my gmail. 😭

I had the same issue
I realized that I have only alias on outlook.com.
So I removed an alias and renamed whole mailbox to outlook.com - now it syncs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos