Next Gen Lumia

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So, I skipped the 920 cause I'm tied in to my 2 years contract til next July. Do you think by that time the next gen Nokia Lumia 9XX will be out?

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope releases don't resemble Motorola's droid line, they have a new phone out every two minutes... though I suppose more choice is a good thing

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. They should release 1 flag ship phone every year 2 mid-range phones thoroughout an year and so on. Why? The differences between 920 and 930 wouldn't be significant.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
While rapid fire releases are nice for consumers, it could haunt Nokia in the end. There was a pretty sizable backlash from iPad 3 owners when the 4 was released. Now there are rumours of a new iPhone in the near future - and the ones that just got their iPhone 5 will go out of their ever loving minds if that happens.

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably every 6 months. You must stay competitive in this market and a flagship smartphone every year is not enough.
Oh, you mean like Apple? Oh...wait....lol.

It bugs me when new phones are released less than a year apart. It makes those of us with the "old" phones feel like we are no longer in the new factor. Most of us sign 2-year contracts because we don't have the money to buy non-contract phones.

I do understand how people whose contracts are ending in between devices would be upset or yearning for a new model to upgrade.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I usually skip a generation or two before I upgrade...same with software. Way too expensive for me to upgrade every time they launch a new device or newer version of the software.

property_management

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Samsung Take Note, Next Generation Lumia Coming Soon. Nokia is feeling pretty good about the next generation of its Lumia phone -- so good, in fact, that Chris Weber, its executive vice president of sales and marketing, took to Twitter late Wednesday night with a little trash talk. Simply indicating the next generation Lumia was on its way, Weber told Samsung to "Take Note." On Wednesday, Nokia sent out invitations for an event on Sept. 5 where it's expected to reveal a Lumia handset running Windows Phone 8. Samsung also launched its newest tablet, the Galaxy Note 10.1, on Wednesday. Weber’s tweet may have potentially been a jab that Samsung’s Note line, which also includes a smartphone.
Little is known about the upcoming phone; however, it’s expected to come with quite a few updates given the inclusion of Windows 8 under the hood.

Windows Phone 8 will allow Nokia to use a faster processor in the phone, higher resolution screen, and Near-Field Communication (NFC). Windows 8 also has built-in integration with VoIP services such as Skype, so calls you make and receive over VoIP look and feel like traditional calls.
One feature that will definitely be part of the updated Lumia handset -– as well as the Lumias currently on the market -– is an updated home screen.
The updated version of the screen supports three different tile sizes and can be customized to meet your own personal needs. For instance, you might make your weather app icon large, so you can see the temperature easily at a glance, while making your phone icon the smallest size, since you’ll only need it to see the number of missed calls you might have.
What do you think Nokia has in store for the next Lumia? Should Samsung be worried?
Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05