Microsoft still has a lot to do to impress Android and iPhone users.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Come on now Facebook only app downloaded and you call yourself a power user? I actuyou're used my phones to the fullest. Viewing and marking up websites, annotating maps and graphic work, Scanning docs to pdf, I'm not a teenager who just plays games and browse Facebook.
What a wonderful welcome, no wonder people like it here [/sarcasm]. I do a lot more with my tablet that also runs Android. But I'm just a dumb ol' teenager. I couldn't possibly do anything else. I don't need a grown-ups phone. Christ you'd think I was crazy for wanting to prioritize my phone for communication.(Of note: My Nexus keeps placing my cursor at odd points and overwriting text while replying here)

eve6er69

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
I wonder how many people will dump Instagram, since they do not want their personal photos turned into ads.

I don't think a lot. Out of all my friends I've only heard 1 say goodbye to instagram. Laura you know. I'm a BlackBerry person so security is kind of important to me, I think I'm a rarity now a days. Lol. Most people will continue to use it and not care about their personal photos being stored somewhere in someone's mothers basement. Lol

Sent from my game boy color

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think a lot. Out of all my friends I've only heard 1 say goodbye to instagram. Laura you know. I'm a BlackBerry person so security is kind of important to me, I think I'm a rarity now a days. Lol. Most people will continue to use it and not care about their personal photos being stored somewhere in someone's mothers basement. Lol

Sent from my game boy color
I wouldn't care if my photos were used in ads if I were given royalty money for use of those photos.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Live Tiles are the killer feature. The ability to pin any kind of content to the start screen is the differentiator, Android widgets just aren't the same.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Thunderbolt sitting in my drawer that was promised Android 4.0 months ago, and only reaffirmed with "soon" recently, begs to differ.

That's a two-year old device. My 8X isn't even a month old, and they still don't have an ETA on AT&T for a serious bug fix update that T-Mo already received. Ugh.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The Live Tiles are the killer feature. The ability to pin any kind of content to the start screen is the differentiator, Android widgets just aren't the same.

widgets on android are interactive. There are some widgets were you can complete a task without leaving the homescreen. For example: full blown file explorer that lets you scroll, copy, move, paste, delete files. Dialer widgets that let you dial straight from home screen. Calendar widgets that let you scroll and add events. Interactive toggles to adjust settings and volume straight from home screen without having to go into each individual setting just to turn on WiFi, bt, etc,. Notes/list widgets that let you mark off tasks on home screen.

One of my favorites was the evernote widget. You could actually see previews of your evernote notes and scroll through to see older notes.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Because most widgets only let you do the most important\most used feature. I was just saying that there are some widgets that let you do certain tasks without having to go into the full app. Comparing it to a live tile which only show information.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That's a two-year old device. My 8X isn't even a month old, and they still don't have an ETA on AT&T for a serious bug fix update that T-Mo already received. Ugh.

I would have to say, get used to it my man. HTC does NOT care about the customers. Just go ask any of the Titan owners. I am still waiting for the first update to be pushed through ATT. I wonder how long it will take to get 7.8 on my Titan.

I thought MSFT was doing the update roll out on wp8. Wasn't that a selling point in a slide? No carrier based updates, all come through MSFT.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's not HTC's fault. Unlocked HTC 8X devices already have the update sent to them. The fault entirely lies with Microsoft, who claimed that WP updates were "carrier independent" when they were not. We'll get the update whenever Microsoft and the carrier decide to make it available (if ever).

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That does not take blame completely off of HTC. HTC needs to push the issue with carriers or MSFT. Push them to get the updates to their customers. I am still completely stumped as to how MSFT cannot get the updates out. Apple has done it since day one with the iPhones.

Its all 3's fault. They all point the finger at each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven