stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I was listening to the Windows Weekly podcast and at the end Foley mentioned Socl and that they were looking for beta testers for it. I went over and looked around. Now I'll admit I'm a facebook user, but probably not what would be considered a power user. And I have no idea what instagram does. I was just wondering if anyone here has messed around with Socl or has an opinion.

The site is at www.so.cl and a Microsoft blog about it is at blog.fuselabs.org

Curious about the thoughts of more extensive social network users on this.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Signed up for it to keep my eyes on it to see what it becomes...but so far to me it looks disorganized, just a mass of pictures and nothing else. Not overly interested yet.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've checked out the pictures and some of the people and their threads(?). I agree with the disorganized, but since I've never seen instagram, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to look that way.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
It's less a social network like FB, G+, etc. but more a Twitter, Instgram, Tumblr mashup with Bing search at the core. So you basically do searches for things (or specify specific URLs for articles you want to link for example) then attach site links and images from the search to a collage, add a title and comment, then bam, you have an interesting cluster of boxes that form your post on whatever topic interested you. Others can see this, comment, like, follow you, etc. You can tag any post with categories for easy filtering. It's kind of neat. Like a big public library that people find things, then post for all to see and discuss. Very social, hence the name.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a good way to share articles and videos.

It would be a lot better if there was strong integration with mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss