Why is Windows Phones third-party support so bad? NO EXCUSE!

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to those who say "stop whining". It's a problem and it has to be addressed, people need to stop comparing Windows Phone with the PAST of other platforms unless they believe Windows Phone to be irrelevant or sub-par in the present, in which case you probably shouldn't talk anyway.

It makes a lot of sense, companies prioritise and Windows Phone is simply not on the radar for most. Microsoft can't force companies to create anything, and it's not a one-click procedure to go from Windows 8 app to Windows Phone 8 app. Simply sharing a similar design language (and even then, you'll notice that Windows & Windows Phone have very different layout guidelines) is but a small convenience in the grand scheme of development.
Great...thats all we need...someone to encourage all the whiners.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the worst advise ever about the app situation on Windows Phone. If no one complains, developers won't make the apps. If developers see complaints about apps, they will see there is demand. No complaints = no demand = no apps.

You have that almost right. Complaining and whining do nothing. Contacting a developer and asking to support the platform (while everyone else does the same thing) does help...Hrere's an example....http://forums.windowscentral.com/ma...-buy-app-wouldnt-hold-your-breath-update.html... Honey and vinegar, my friends...honey and vinegar....and being productive in ur disappointment, not just complaining about it.

Last edited:

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
By the measure, we all have a responsibility too.

When an interesting app comes out, we all need to buy it, rather than moan about the cost, or the fact it's not as pretty as the iOS version. The developers that spend some time on WP need to be encouraged, the more that make money on the platform,mtge more attention

Agreed

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just laugh at people who bring up microsofts money in the whole 3rd party app situation.

Giving companies money to make apps is insanely dumb and won't solve anything. That would just make other developers not make anything until Microsoft passes them a check.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just laugh at people who bring up microsofts money in the whole 3rd party app situation.

Giving companies money to make apps is insanely dumb and won't solve anything. That would just make other developers not make anything until Microsoft passes them a check.

I believe that is already going on with some big name devs expecting MS to cut them a big check before they make anything.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Where MS missed the mark is gaming. I think it's important to have a different experience in terms of applications and UI. However, the overall quality and quantity of Xbox Live games is pretty pathetic. How do they not deliver any AAA first party games on their own platform? Gears of War, Halo, Forza, etc. I know it's easily overlooked but how are third party developers supposed to support a platform that MS has seemed to overlook?

When the Xbox Live Arcade launched - especially with XNA, MS touted it as an easily developable platform and it proved correct. Look at the amount of Indie and XBLA games - many of incredible quality. How have they not made it easy or advantageous for developers to port these over to WP? I am not in the know-how as to the ease or difficulty in porting from XBLA to WP but it should be much easier than it appears to be.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It take times to developer apps and 150,000 is a lot I know it not at the same level as iOS or android but give it a while and companies, developers will start entering apps when they think it time.:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea