What about HTC update to 7.8?

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Any news regarding HTC's update to 7.8. I emailed HTC and they replied that there is no information available at the moment. I've got the HTC titan and eagerly looking forward to the 7.8 update. It seems its all Nokia Nokia Nokia. HTC haven't said anything! Any feedback welcome.

Zabih Chaudhry

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
:cry:
i checks daily for htc radar update to windows phone 7.8..... but nothing seems to be found.... just nokia lumia lumia and lumia... htc doing nothing for their customers..... no news from them.... nokia is doing well... like ringtone and bluetooth.... but htc is no where

jshay

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
HTC has zero support that I can find anywhere. I have had the Titan for over a year replaced it 3 time to try and resolve poor call quality, and I still have the disappearing keyboard. On a Skype call friends say that I'm crystal clear, so I believe HTC could have fixed the this issue of poor call quality long ago. Not a single fix or update from HTC or at&t. I will never buy an HTC again screw the 8x, I bought my a wife a Lumia 920 updates have already come in from Nokia, their apps are way superior to HTC. OK, thanks for letting me vent!!

Robin Bulham

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted HTC and asked about the update. Received an answer just a few moments ago by e-mail. They said that they didn't know if the titan is getting an update and we have to check out their website for updates and find out our own. :(

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess my next phone isn't going to be a HTC. The poor quality of hardware, software and customer support/ service has convinced me to avoid HTC from now on. Very poor service from HTC. :(

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is unlocked no carrier logo on the top then you will get the update as soon as microsoft releases it, if your phone is carrier based the carrier will decide to release the update Radar and HD7 users can expect t-mobile to push the update around a few weeks or months after the release of the update, att htc phones like the titan and my HD7S will most likely continue their habits of releasing updates around a year later if they decide to release it. Nokia is good because they push slow carriers like att into pushing the update to ensure costumer satisfaction where HTC goes for the Titan 2 strategy with hopes of getting more customers to get their latest product. From my past experince i have learned that neither att or HTC are a worthy choice since they lack customer satisfaction. If you decide to keep your titan then you can always force roms at your own risk.

Nokia is very good before i got a windows phone i had one of Nokia's symbian phones and i still get updates on my phone even though it came out in 2008, i can see the lumia 900 being a supported phone for a while and its competitor was the titan 2

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Wrll my Titan is simfree/ no carrier so hopefully will see the update as soon as it arrives. I check daily so when ever the update arrives I'll post on wpcentral forums.

Robin Bulham

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also unlocked. Hope I will get the update as soon at it arrives. But not really confident about it...but we'll see..:) Thanks anyway for ur update Ridlah....

peropett

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Titan for over a year replaced it 3 time to try and resolve poor call quality
a14

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
As an HTC Arrive owner I'm afraid that I won't get the 7.8 update. Both Nokia and Samsung confirmed their handsets will get 7.8 but so far no word from HTC. Not to mention Sprint who has expressed the least interest in Windows Phone out of all the carriers and haven't even pushed out the Tango update.

Yabai

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
...but its still really frustrating that htc has such poor customer and software support. I am buying a Nokia next time, but gonna wait for WP 8.5

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel like if we contacted HTC through phone email ect. and tell them that we demand better customer satisfaction as existing customers tell them that we would be better off with Nokia or Samsung as a next choice and get as many people to do so and they will see that they need push these updates.

HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets

Please visit the link below and give them an email telling them that you want more support for existing devices mention your device name. If you get an email back saying we don't know what will happen for now or something like that then it worked they will take note our issues and work harder to bring more support.

STLShazbot

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
At this time, HTC does not have plans to deliver a Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

---------Never buying from them again.------------:devil:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
According to the story on the news page, there might be a chance. Unless you have the Sprint Arrive, which of course, is what my wife has. Wonder if that's enough to get out of a ETF? :smile:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3