Forbes heralds the end of times for Microsoft

AdalLS

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have just read this news article from Forbes. Basically it is saying that Microsoft is going to disappear any day now. I think he is being unnecessarily catastrophic. I hope so at least. What are your thoughts?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This guy deserves to have his phone explode on the side of his face as he's receiving news of his entire family being abducted by Somali pirates, and being held for ransom for one new MS Surface....or something.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Microsoft is so engrained in the software business that they aren't going to just disappear. I mean, look at HP. And it's only been 2 months for people to even SEE the devices, and this guy is saying that they failed? Not to mention that the government has a contract with MS now, meaning that they have a steady stream of money coming in for the next 3 years, at least.

Yeah, this is a bunch of FUD and I'm glad that the comments on the article are calling him out.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yawn - He could apply the same writing techniques and points of view to herald the end of Apple - $200 off share price since Jobs died - company in turmoil with high profile staff leaving. Sales dipping in the wake of android dominance. Sales figures of latest devices not hitting analysts targets - share price drops for manufacturers associated with Apple products. Products not living up to the hype, increased product lifecycle and products rushed to market to combat areas where competition is more dominant.

Bet he would be lynched if he wrote that though and looking for a job in the morning.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It's clear that Forbes' staff aren't intellectually capable of understanding and executing much more than "richest people in the world" lists. They ought to stick to them.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
How much of that is sound bites for book sales? A former employee who left under a cloud 10 years ago. Some of the things look like sour grapes. Will be interesting to see what comments Ballmer and Gates might have. But losing those executives named does raise an eyebrow.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 is so new that it is hard to judge. I have owned an android phone since the Droid Eris, I now own a Galaxy Note 2. Not only has the hardware improved, but the OS and 3rd party developers have made the system even with iOS.

The same will be the same for Windows. Once developers adopt the system, then things will improve. To think that developers will shun this mobile OS is kind of illogical. Being able to expand the market to millions of new customers is always worth the risk.

Even if Windows 8 RT/Phone isn't a huge success like Android or iOS, they have the Kinect and XBox 720 to fall back on. Microsoft just needs to wine and dine developers to accelerate the process.

Forbes is my favorite magazine but I don't agree with everything published in it. I had read that Nokia was a bad buy in several financial publications before I bought their stock...and it has doubled since I have bought it. I wouldn't put much stock in the article. If anyone is hurting, it is Apple. Their stock is down 30% from their record high and they are losing market share across the board.

I think WP will be a great choice for business once it takes off. Mark Cuban uses a Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss