I want to use Outlook.com and Bing, but ...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I want to see a sort by time (day/last week/month/year etc) in Bing. I use this all the time in Google and would be happy to switch to Bing if they had this.

On Outlook.com, I would be happy to use this instead of Gmail if I could put pictures in the Contacts. Win8 and WP have the nice People Hub and it does a good job of showing pictures, but I use Google Contacts because I want people's pictures (well, most of my contacts) to show up instead of blank squares. Yes, I know it picks up FB and Twitter, etc, but some of those pictures are stupid.

Is is just me, or are things like this keeping others from jumping into MS ecosystem with both feet?

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to see a sort by time (day/last week/month/year etc) in Bing. I use this all the time in Google and would be happy to switch to Bing if they had this.

On Outlook.com, I would be happy to use this instead of Gmail if I could put pictures in the Contacts. Win8 and WP have the nice People Hub and it does a good job of showing pictures, but I use Google Contacts because I want people's pictures (well, most of my contacts) to show up instead of blank squares. Yes, I know it picks up FB and Twitter, etc, but some of those pictures are stupid.

Is is just me, or are things like this keeping others from jumping into MS ecosystem with both feet?
why dont you just export contacts from google and import them to outlook shouldnt that transfer everything including a picture?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't need a sort by time, so it doesn't bother me. But if you have to have it.

Hopefully the adding a picture to contacts will be added soon. It has come up on the Microsoft forums and has been forwarded to the Outlook people many times. Fortunately my family has hotmail or live accounts and their pictures are there. And I can remember what most of my contacts look like, some I wish I couldn't.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sort by time? How do you achieve this on Google?

And as for Bing, yeah that would be useful. It works on People Hub on W8/WP so that's enough for me, but I think it is already there on Outlook. Could be wrong though. Perhaps it just requires a sync from either WP or W8.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, he's right, it's not a feature of outlook.com unless the contact has a hotmail/outlook/live account with a picture in the profile. Like I said, there have been many suggestions sent to the team to add this feature.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
And you can't even import a photo into an Outlook.com contact if you wanted to. At least you can do that with multiple ways of importing in Google.

I mean, they make a big deal of using Outlook over Gmail, and it doesn't have the features. I could list a bunch of things just in the Contacts. Categories is another thing. How about custom labels for the fields?

Someone is smoking crack at MS if they think Outlook.com is better than Google. I would love to get away from Google, but they just have too many features. So for now, will keep syncing Google to my WP.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the Bing search by date. I prefer Bingover google BUT I tend to use google for searching articles and new just because of the search by date option missing from bing

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Someone is smoking crack at MS if they think Outlook.com is better than Google. I would love to get away from Google, but they just have too many features. So for now, will keep syncing Google to my WP.
Thr Office Web apps put Outlook.com way ahead of GMail. (Some people don't care and but people who do care a lot.) Pictures on contacts is aesthetics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb