Phone color availability

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
Don't know if this has already been discussed, but I'm kind of annoyed at the phone colors available in my country (Portugal).

So far, only black versions of wp8 lumias are available, and the blue 8x.. I would really like some colors added to the mix as I own a black lumia 800 and regret not having bought a cyan instead. I've reached out to my carrier (Vodafone) and they say there's no info on more colours atm :(

Why these limitations? Is this just a deliberated approach by carriers who think they won't sell coloured phones in some countries? Exclusivity deals are not common here so I would rule that out..
Or is it OEM related with stock issues just on the coloured phones? Makes no sense to me :|

Either way, I think carriers should be more open about this and allow us to choose from all the options available and not force what they think it's the best commercial option...

Ricardo

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it's the carriers who make the decision on what colours they want to sell. If Nokia could force the carriers to sell the other coloured phones they would but the carriers are pretty stubborn what they want to stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss