Customization. WP8 VS W8

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to organizing my tiles on my WP8 Lumia, I can spend a lot of time on making it look good. When it comes to organizing my tiles on my W8 laptop or desktop... Well... I do put them into categories...The start screen. While it is super handy and looking quite good, it certainly does not offer a comparable experience to WP8 when it comes to customization.

I wish every section created in the W8 start screen was as customizable as the WP8 start screen is. It would actually appeal people more when you talk about how "personal" the start screen is.

Luckily, with Decor8 and programs like this one, you can change the background of your start screen with the picture of your choice. But organizing tiles in W8 is too straight forward and you feel limited. I sure hope that "Blue" brings some improvements to the start screen too.

wp_ss_20130226_0002.jpg

Screenshot (10).jpg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wait how do you get your own personal background on windows 8?
When it comes to organizing my tiles on my WP8 Lumia, I can spend a lot of time on making it look good. When it comes to organizing my tiles on my W8 laptop or desktop... Well... I do put them into categories...The start screen. While it is super handy and looking quite good, it certainly does not offer a comparable experience to WP8 when it comes to customization.

I wish every section created in the W8 start screen was as customizable as the WP8 start screen is. It would actually appeal people more when you talk about how "personal" the start screen is.

Luckily, with Decor8 and programs like this one, you can change the background of your start screen with the picture of your choice. But organizing tiles in W8 is too straight forward and you feel limited. I sure hope that "Blue" brings some improvements to the start screen too.

View attachment 29757

View attachment 29758

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire