The rumors of Microsoft is building their own windows surface phone is coming again.
    But do Microsoft really need to make their on phone to built up the eco system?
    my answer is a definitely NO.

I am using Lumia 920, I would say I like the Phone a lot more than the OS.
    Among my friends who don't intend to switch anytime sooner is also due to the incompleteness of the OS features and the quality of the APPS.
    In contrast, they do praise the design of the Lumia phone.

Even if we compare the APPS quality not considering the absence important apps like Instagram, Microsoft developped apps are a great let down, Skype & pdf reader have lot of bugs and missing features. Xbox games does not give notice correctly. etc.A
    s compare to the APPS developed by Nokia which are mostly stable and good qualilty even in BETA version.
    Do Microsoft want to sell windows phone 8 to Nokia and let nokia do improve the quality?

Microsoft please spend your time to correct all the software loop holes, rather than built a phone with the similar not up to market OS and apps.
    The eco system can be built up only when software is at least matching the current market leader IOS and Android.
    03-13-2013 08:42 PM
    I had an android before buying 920 and I was a power user. I only miss a couple of apps. Although marketplace has their replacements. App quality, at least 3rd party apps id fairly superior in WP. Or at least my experience says sp. Simple app like musicXmatch lyrics is 10x better and responsive compared to android version. MS is concentrating on OS, its working on updates, iOS is overhyped so everyone follows Apple's every action closely. And I honestly find MS's apps to be just fine if not good or excellent. Nokia indeed is doing a great job, impeccable job infact, haven't seen an OEM work so hard. But don't think that MS has forgotten us, they love WP, its just they're unable to convey that to their user base.
    03-13-2013 08:53 PM
    I was an android user also. I like the wp8 interface, but the app quality especially those developped by microsoft really have a low score.
    03-14-2013 03:45 AM
    I got my 920 for the whole "3 screens" concept MS pitched. I can live with their mediocre apps but the OS is so far away from what I need it to be. New UI and keyboard are about the only positives I can give it. Agree with OP, MS needs to focus on fixing OS far more than hardware and apps imo. If they **** off Nokia, nobody will be supporting OS. I've come to the conclusion wp8 will be one more also ran for MS. Wp9 is going to be the merged RT and WP kernals. Don't be surprised if wp8 gets the wp7 treatment. Just a guess, but MS appears to have no clue what to do with mobile.
    WPhantom likes this.
    03-14-2013 05:58 AM