Scared of Google?

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
None of this really affects my point. Which is that MS aren't any more angelic than anyone else, despite some of the extreme viewpoints I've seen expressed

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, kind of understandable though, since they were testing search engines and not browsers. The exact opposite of what would have been an interesting test.

You talking to me? If so, then ??? :wink:

Your post wasn't there when I started to write it. But :wink: back at ya anyway!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
None of this really affects my point. Which is that MS aren't any more angelic than anyone else, despite some of the extreme viewpoints I've seen expressed

I agree that none of these companies are angelic. They all want our money. However, the article isn't helping you make that point, because the test results are on the verge of complete irrelevancy for the reasons Laura and I mentioned.

Your post wasn't there when I started to write it. But :wink: back at ya anyway!

For consistencies sake... ????????????????????????? :wink:

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I use nothing that is Google. I stopped using Google search about a year ago. Far to many search results do not even contain the search word, even when you select 'text in the page'

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree that none of these companies are angelic. They all want our money. However, the article isn't helping you make that point, because the test results are on the verge of complete irrelevancy for the reasons Laura and I mentioned.

That's because it wasn't directed at you ;)

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm scared of Google. I kept getting pop ups about my id in Youtube and now I get a email that they have set up a Google+ account for me. I don't recall asking for it and I don't want it.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm scared of Google. I kept getting pop ups about my id in Youtube and now I get a email that they have set up a Google+ account for me. I don't recall asking for it and I don't want it.

You can delete your Google+ account just like a did, i have a Youtube account that uses gmail and i use gmail to log into Google and Chrome to Sync tabs when im not at home.

Just that, plain and simple.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft is afraid of Google, not even Microsoft but Nokia(a group of 17 companies) too scared of Google.
I think that because - Microsoft always compare their product/services with Google and say it is better( product/service like Bing compare with Google search, IE compare with Google Chrome)
Microsoft always complain about Google. But never see Google is comparing their product with Microsoft.(not in last 3-4 years)

In my opinion Google is better than Microsoft,
Lets take example of Bing.
I used Bing but Bing results are not as good as Google. I have to be more specific while using Bing.
I am using Lumia 620 and Microsoft Window Phone 8 is full of compromises(lack of very basic features). Many things are complicated.
The only reason I purchased Lumia phone because I trust Nokia.

So, I think instead of focusing on Google, Microsoft must come-up with something better than Google.

If Microsoft fight with their using their products(without comparing Google product) only, and provide all features according to users needs then only, Microsoft can beat Google.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft is afraid of Google, not even Microsoft but Nokia(a group of 17 companies) too scared of Google.
I think that because - Microsoft always compare their product/services with Google and say it is better( product/service like Bing compare with Google search, IE compare with Google Chrome)
Microsoft always complain about Google. But never see Google is comparing their product with Microsoft.(not in last 3-4 years)

In my opinion Google is better than Microsoft,
Lets take example of Bing.
I used Bing but Bing results are not as good as Google. I have to be more specific while using Bing.
I am using Lumia 620 and Microsoft Window Phone 8 is full of compromises(lack of very basic features). Many things are complicated.
The only reason I purchased Lumia phone because I trust Nokia.

So, I think instead of focusing on Google, Microsoft must come-up with something better than Google.

If Microsoft fight with their using their products(without comparing Google product) only, and provide all features according to users needs then only, Microsoft can beat Google.

They have already come up with many things better than Google.

Windows, IE10, Outlook, Office, Xbox... Even Search bing seems far better in countries is isnt BETA.

Although some things depend on personal taste for me IE10 is much more beautiful than Chrome, Chrome is really fast and amazing but its ugly as fuc*...i have to say those tabs are awfull, i can see why is dropping marketshare like crazy.

I dont think Microsoft nis afraid, i think they just want to give Google a bad name, yes its stupid but we never said Ballmer was a Smart guy anyway, that guy should never been a CEO from this company, he might succeed with Windows 8 on Tablets and Pcs in the years to come bue he still sucks as CEO, i mean this company does not need to attack Google, they need to keep improving their products, they have been doing really well but are allways a little late, Microsoft like to wait and its usually works but lets be honest here, Ballmer sucks imo.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Windows, IE10, Outlook, Office, Xbox... Even Search bing seems far better in countries is isnt BETA.

Although some things depend on personal taste for me IE10 is much more beautiful than Chrome, Chrome is really fast and amazing but its ugly as fuc*...i have to say those tabs are awfull, i can see why is dropping marketshare like crazy.

I dont think Microsoft nis afraid, i think they just want to give Google a bad name, yes its stupid but we never said Ballmer was a Smart guy anyway, that guy should never been a CEO from this company, he might succeed with Windows 8 on Tablets and Pcs in the years to come bue he still sucks as CEO, i mean this company does not need to attack Google, they need to keep improving their products, they have been doing really well but are allways a little late, Microsoft like to wait and its usually works but lets be honest here, Ballmer sucks imo.

Did you ever see that video of Ballmer skipping and screaming like a crazed lunatic on stage? It's disturbing

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Today, I watched both Steve Ballmer and Erick Schmidt's College Tour episodes:

Steve Ballmer - College Tour Full Interview 2011 (Part 1/3) - YouTube

College Tour- Eric Schmidt Google - YouTube

And after seeying this, I've gained some new respect for Ballmer. Overall, he seems like a nicer guy than Schmidt and pretty aware of the situation he and Microsoft is in (I couldn't help laughing when he acted like he could'nt get the word "Google" out of his mouth).
But what actually scared me (which is what this topic is about) is their relationship with Neelie Kroes ("our" Dutch European Commissioner for Digital Agenda). First, with the Ballmer interview, she's seen a some kind of nemesis, fining Microsoft millions of dollars and generally hating the company. Then, in the Schmidt interview, she's seen again, but this time very friendly and happy, being very close with Schmidt and Google. Same goes for frickin' Obama! So Google is cozying up to world leaders, forcing up services like Google Plus, Google Maps, Chrome and Android by using their monopoly position, while Microsoft is getting fined for a freaking web browser that's pre-installed on computers?? That is just plain unfair!

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Come on, don't be so sarcastic. No one ever said Google doesn't do good stuff. Doesn't change the fact that things like this gives them the holy saint company-image that they're after, and people will only love the company more after things like this (or April Fool's, or Google Doodles etc). In fact, everyone loves Google so much that they'll automatically hate everything that's not Google, like Microsoft. This phenomenon has been going on for years now, and has contributed to Google's internet monopoly, if you ask me.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Come on, don't be so sarcastic. No one ever said Google doesn't do good stuff. Doesn't change the fact that things like this gives them the holy saint company-image that they're after, and people will only love the company more after things like this (or April Fool's, or Google Doodles etc). In fact, everyone loves Google so much that they'll automatically hate everything that's not Google, like Microsoft. This phenomenon has been going on for years now, and has contributed to Google's internet monopoly, if you ask me.

Not me I like and use both of those companies and others too. Just taking some pokes in fun at some of the "omg I hate them and boycotted all their stuff" posts here ;)

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

But Google isn't in competition with Microsoft in Windows,Office Xbox etc.

I don't know about you but I don't know anyone who prefer or like Bing search. Google search is more accurate and show result which I need, Bing can't do that for me..

About Chrome and IE 10. Its all about your taste, I prefer Chrome because it is easy and fast and I like its design, My few friends like Firefox because they find it more comfortable and you like IE 10.
Pick up any service which Google and Microsoft both provide.
Android vs. WP (Android win )
Gmail vs. Hotmail (Gmail win)
Google vs. Bing (Google Win)
IE 10 vs Google Chrome (Google Win) (According to http://gs.statcounter.com/)
Yotube is also best video site etc.................(All win based on Market Share)

As you can see if there is competition with Google and Microsoft in maximum cases Google wins.
So, I think that is why Microsoft keep comparing their product with Google, showing that there product is better.
Google never compare their product with Microsoft but Microsoft does.
(No offence )Which I think because of Afraid.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
But Google isn't in competition with Microsoft in Windows,Office Xbox etc.

I don't know about you but I don't know anyone who prefer or like Bing search. Google search is more accurate and show result which I need, Bing can't do that for me..

About Chrome and IE 10. Its all about your taste, I prefer Chrome because it is easy and fast and I like its design, My few friends like Firefox because they find it more comfortable and you like IE 10.
Pick up any service which Google and Microsoft both provide.
Android vs. WP (Android win )
Gmail vs. Hotmail (Gmail win)
Google vs. Bing (Google Win)
IE 10 vs Google Chrome (Google Win) (According to StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share)
Yotube is also best video site etc.................(All win based on Market Share)

As you can see if there is competition with Google and Microsoft in maximum cases Google wins.
So, I think that is why Microsoft keep comparing their product with Google, showing that there product is better.
Google never compare their product with Microsoft but Microsoft does.
(No offence )Which I think because of Afraid.
You are incorrect about the popularity of Gmail. It is not the most popular web-based email service: that is still Yahoo Mail. Email Client Market Share: June 2012 – Litmus

Hotmail was also more popular than Gmail.

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Also all the services you quote are free services. Google has to invest everything in these services because they would be out of business if they didn't. MS makes so much money on Windows and Office that it doesn't need to be number 1 in every segment. However, MS has started investing a lot of time and money in it's services and it's really starting to show. Just recently MS released some numbers on the amount of people switching to Outlook.com for email from Google and it was something like 30 million users in 2-3 months.

Also you missed some core services like Google Docs vs. Skydrive. Which numbers are hard to find but there is a ton of competition in this space and I doubt it Google is first. Microsoft may not be first however now with Windows Skydrive integration there must be tons of new users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb