The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    i think nokia should implement an update that allows the led lights on the back to serve as a notification light. this would be similar to how apple does it for their phones, i think in all my time using the 920 the biggest gripe i have with it is that i dont know what i have a notification for unless its one of the apps i have set, the very least it could do is light up or something.
    Last edited by palandri; 03-19-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Title
    03-18-2013 10:27 AM
    There are a lot of people who would like the Start button to light up/flash to indicate any new notifications and this topic has been discussed many times before. You can vote for this suggestion over on the Microsoft feature suggestion site.

Use the Windows capacitive touch buttons as a "Notification Light"
    abel920 and WinFan1 like this.
    03-18-2013 01:27 PM
    There are a lot of people who would like the Start button to light up/flash to indicate any new notifications and this topic has been discussed many times before. You can vote for this suggestion over on the Microsoft feature suggestion site.

Use the Windows capacitive touch buttons as a "Notification Light"
    voted thanks
    03-19-2013 07:48 AM
    Voted also!!!
    03-19-2013 07:56 AM
    I think the start button would be better, but why not have the option for both!

Personally, I never used it on the iPhone because it was too bright at night and I rarely set my phone face down.
    03-19-2013 08:19 AM
    The Windows button lighting up is a great idea!
    03-20-2013 08:04 AM
    HTC did for missed calls. I assume Nokia could too if they wanted.
    03-20-2013 08:15 AM
    I still don't see why so many people are so upset over a blinking light. I mean I had one on my old blackberry and I can say that I don't miss it at all. I mean if you're going to look at your phone for the notification light you are probably going to turn on the screen anyway weather it's blinking or not. I know there could be some situations where a led would be more discrete but in the grand scheme of things it still doesn't feel like WP is missing a feature. My 2c at least.
    abel920 likes this.
    03-21-2013 12:48 AM
    I mean if you're going to look at your phone for the notification light you are probably going to turn on the screen anyway weather it's blinking or not.
    A blinking light (even better, a repeated sound), can take my attention when I'm busy on other stuff and I don't think or remember to check my phone.
    I really don't understand why some people try to force me to be a slave of my phone. THE PHONE should be my slave. It's supposed to be a tool.
    03-21-2013 03:35 AM
    I still don't see why so many people are so upset over a blinking light. I mean I had one on my old blackberry and I can say that I don't miss it at all. I mean if you're going to look at your phone for the notification light you are probably going to turn on the screen anyway weather it's blinking or not. I know there could be some situations where a led would be more discrete but in the grand scheme of things it still doesn't feel like WP is missing a feature. My 2c at least.
    because people are different. I had a blinking light in my old phone and it was amazing. I got a vibration at night while sleeping, look over to phone green light is just a useless email. Blue light is a text which can be from my fiance (she works night shift) missed call etc.
    03-21-2013 04:13 AM
    Isn't there any app which could make the windows logo button blink ?
    09-28-2013 10:55 PM