Overheard Conversations re:WP at MS Store

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thought I'd share a positive bit since following WP/MS news and community can sometimes be a bit of a downer. Yesterday I re-bought into WP by getting a free yellow L920. Ridiculously awesome compared to my WP7 launch HD7. To think I almost veered back into BB territory with Z10 (still think it's nice, but clearly needs maturation time).

Anyway, I overheard 2 conversations about WP at the MS store while getting my carrier porting details sorted out.

1. A man and woman were looking at surface and one of the MS employees showed them a WP. The woman said, "Oh yeah, we love our Windows Phones."
2. A boy walked by with his father and saw the L920 and said, "Wow. Look at this phone. It's just like the Xbox!"

I just thought it was nice to hear some spontaneous opinions about WP that weren't bloggers or forumites (not necessarily here - just generally) whining about this and that.
Loving the L920 and the Nokia apps!

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I love hanging out at the MS store... its so nice to be in a place where the default assumption that iOS and Android are better doesn't exist.

I really feel like they need to open more of them as part if their strategy.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear news like this, thanks for the positive feedback. Wish I had a MS store in my area.
Sent from my {Nokia 822} using Board Express.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I belong to Meetup, and a new Meetup group just started for the MS Store here. I'll be getting a VIP tour of the store on 14 April.

I'll start a thread and post some pictures after my visit.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mention was that getting my phone details sorted out at the MS Store was a bit more pleasant than doing it at the carrier store. They didn't try and upsell me on anything and ran the numbers for me to get the best plan for me and my wife without me asking. This totally redeems the absolutely horrendous experience I had returning product to the online MS Store late last year. I'm going to try and get stuff at the brick/mortar stores as much as I can.

I was actually just at a mall island store, but I saw that they were going to open a full fledged one just 2 spaces down from the apple store and at twice the size. :)

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed spending time at the Microsoft Store in Prudential Center in Boston, MA. I spent a month there rotating at Tufts Medical Center and went to the store like 5 or 6 times. Met a lot of cool guys and girls that worked there and bough quite a few of my actual gear. A nice place to spend time after hospital hours :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss