WPs everywhere in India...!

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I just read an article which stated that Microsoft had just come out with news that WP is the second most used OS here...! And i have no doubt it is, I've been seeing it happen right before my eyes...easily spotted half a dozen lumias and an 8s jst by looking around randomly...:) i recommended the 620 to a friend and he jst got it today, and seeing that another friend is following suit...its such a pleasant feeling to see the WP family grow all around you..:) we are finally starting to see the fruits of our efforts...!

Rodeoz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I read that too. Can't possibly be the second most used OS. Top two have to be Android and Blackberry in that order. Is probably the second fastest growing OS?

Nokia has dominated the non-smartphone Indian market for a long time. It has tough competition from Samsung and RIM in the smartphone category. Still, people kind of trust the Nokia brand. 620 seems to have been an instant hit and was "Out of Stock" on major ecommerce websites within days of launching.

After owning an N900 and being disappointed with what Nokia did to Maemo, I had thought I will never be using its phones again. But WP8 was too hard to resist.

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Probably meant WP marketshare on a quarterly basis...? Pretty sure bb is losing a lot on sales, haven't heard or seen anyone purchasing a bb7 phone in a long time...and z10 isnt helping sales one bit, you should have seen the uproar on twitter when the price was announced to be 43k...! :p
and pretty sure WP has decent momentum here; I read abt a survey done in India..android was leading by a big num, WP at distant 9%, BB at 3.5%...and iOS at 1%...:p And the survey ws done b/w sept-Oct..while nowhere near threatening android, atleast they are at 2nd place..so am quite sure Microsoft got their facts right...:)

Amrut Mhatre

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Once the 520 and 720 are out in India they will give a tough fight to 10,000-20,000 bracket.
Nokia did a good thing by completing the range from low to high...

People who laughed at me buying the 920 are now seriously looking forward for these low end devices...

People love the WP8 UI, the simplicity, the quick navigation.
And the way Nokia are supporting the WP8 is awesome....

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its great nokia are launching cheap but quality devices esp the 520. 620 is a bit overpriced but worth a buy. Once WhatsApp issue is fixed, sales will go up

LumiaEOS

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
5 of My friends brought 620 & one friend has brought 720!! whenever I go to the nokia's authorized dealer shop I will asl "Which Smartphone is Best Selling " He instantly replied "620 is selling really well", The Shopkeeper told he sold 6 720's within a time of half an hour, that too no one has realized 720 has released!! I think by end of 2013 WP will reach b/w 15-20 percent marketshare, More the Cellphones sold=more number of developers= More Number of Apps!! That may be the reason Nokia is selling 520, 620 & 720 for very cheap price!! But i have not seen any marketing for 520 & 720!!

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Im glad the wp is getting popular! Sadly i haven't seen anyone other than myself with Lumia :( but my friend who fell in love with my 820,will be getting his in the coming week :D im pretty sure all the new budget phones like 520,620 and 720 will be hit here!

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Definitely.. 520 and 720 need more marketing! 920 and 620 were marketed so well!! I have friends using iphones recommending wp8s :p 520 specifically. he needed a second cheap phone. :p

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I just read an article which stated that Microsoft had just come out with news that WP is the second most used OS here...! And i have no doubt it is, I've been seeing it happen right before my eyes...easily spotted half a dozen lumias and an 8s jst by looking around randomly...:) i recommended the 620 to a friend and he jst got it today, and seeing that another friend is following suit...its such a pleasant feeling to see the WP family grow all around you..:) we are finally starting to see the fruits of our efforts...!
you got a link to that article? [woo hoo! post #100] :cool:

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys I live in Bangalore and just yesterday there was a full first page advertisement on 520 620 and 720 in Times of India. So i guess they have started promotion.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3