Smart watches are the next trending devices and microsoft will be late to the party.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the need for any wrist watch other than fashion......wear a bracelet .....your phone tells the time hahah ;)

Its kind of like making a smart calander ....... Redundant

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the need for any wrist watch other than fashion......wear a bracelet .....your phone tells the time hahah ;)

Its kind of like making a smart calander ....... Redundant

A smart calendar would be the worst idea. But I can look at my watch wherever I want even at work or at school if you are a student, unlike a smartphone. Which is why I don't rely on my Lumia to know what time it is. I always used a watch because it is more convenient than digging in your pocket to reach your smartphone every time you wonder what time it is.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well you can buy a wrist band for your iPod nano and use that as a watch. I also saw a Bluetooth watch which lights its backlight blue to notify you that someone is calling. Its expensive and kinda dumb imo. Regardless what they do, they won't replace a classy watch from lets say skegen.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well you can buy a wrist band for your iPod nano and use that as a watch. I also saw a Bluetooth watch which lights its backlight blue to notify you that someone is calling. Its expensive and kinda dumb imo. Regardless what they do, they won't replace a classy watch from lets say skegen.

How many times have we said, "it won't change anytime soon" and it still changed? People believe that windows 7 and OS X have the perfect interfaces and that it won't change. But people like me who own several W8 devices know that it will eventually change.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just give me an automatic swiss made watch that tells time and date.

If you ever want to have physical contact with a woman again, stay away from a smartwatch. It's calculator watches all over again with a fancy screen.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just give me an automatic swiss made watch that tells time and date.

If you ever want to have physical contact with a woman again, stay away from a smartwatch. It's calculator watches all over again with a fancy screen.

My wife already agreed to "for better or worse", so she's contractually obligated to deal with it ;)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How many times have we said, "it won't change anytime soon" and it still changed? People believe that windows 7 and OS X have the perfect interfaces and that it won't change. But people like me who own several W8 devices know that it will eventually change.

I own many watches. I just don't see how shoving a feature like Bluetooth into a $400 watch will make it elegant. Yeah it will be a nice gimmick. I have seen someone wearing it and asked wtf is that piece of s**t. That person was not surprised since I wasn't the first to make that comment. Having to switch the Bluetooth from the watch to the headset everytime someone calls you is ******ed.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well well...so this topic was actually created...

I will just say this

IF and IF and I do emphasize on the IF these "smart" watch can shoot lasers like the ones in James Bond or Spy Kids etc, I will definitely get one if not, what a piece of junk for people to waste money on since my phone can do much more.

Most of the time when I'm communting, I tend to take my phone out to change the song to what I want to, turn it on and "Ohhhhh myyyyy (George Takei's voice)" look at the time, on the lock screen, on the status bar, it's like every where on my phone.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the first round will look dorky, but if they take off, eventually they'll look like normal watches, but just give us a quick-access notification center. I wouldn't mind having volume controls for my phone on my watch (a metal dial around a round face would be pretty cool for that). I also wouldn't mind being able to send a call to VM without pulling the phone out if I'm in a meeting. I really don't see how it's a big deal. Glasses will be a harder sell, but those will eventually be HUDs in contact lenses (further in the future) and you won't look like a tool wearing them. I'm actually pretty excited about wearables, but not really the first generation of them :)

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well well...so this topic was actually created...

I will just say this

IF and IF and I do emphasize on the IF these "smart" watch can shoot lasers like the ones in James Bond or Spy Kids etc, I will definitely get one if not, what a piece of junk for people to waste money on since my phone can do much more.

Most of the time when I'm communting, I tend to take my phone out to change the song to what I want to, turn it on and "Ohhhhh myyyyy (George Takei's voice)" look at the time, on the lock screen, on the status bar, it's like every where on my phone.

Exactly, I have stopped wearing watches for the last 5 years.. My cellphone is my watch as well. I don't think the smart watches will go very far. Same with google glasses.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you realize that these so called smart watches would also come out with some very tiny batteries and you would be required to plug your "smart"watch beside your smartphone forever coz it runs that dreadful google OS. This is like apple coming out with iphone shuffle with that retina display and multitouch and off course Siri.... I don't wanna wake up to a day where i get to hear samsung's working on a new project "smart cond0m" with gesture support and multitouch....

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Make a smart watch with a physical design of an old pocket watch, add skeumorphic touchscreen and an Apple logo somewhere and hipsters will buy those in millions.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Make a smart watch with a physical design of an old pocket watch, add skeumorphic touchscreen and an Apple logo somewhere and hipsters will buy those in millions.
I'll stick with my antique railroad standard pocket watches.

Illinois24J18s-1.jpg

ElginBalldial-2.jpg

illinois20Bunn20Special.jpg

Ratstorm

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I can see smart watches turning into the Pipboy from the Fallout series. The thing holding back any mobile tech at the moment is battery life. If there was say a charge once a month battery, I'm sure it would take off yesterday but until that day I don't think it will take off... ergo Microsoft isn't late to the game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss