The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-27-2013 08:30 PM
31 12
tools
    Went to my local BB two days ago. Ever since they started matching prices I find myself in there more often. So, I was walking around and wound up in the mobile dept. I walked over to the ATT section to look at the Lumia 920. The image below is what I saw. I was perplexed as it didn't look right. It was a dummy 900 in place of the 920.

So, then a rep walks over and asks if I needed any help. I asked why there wasn't an actual 920 for the display. The rep said, "We're actually out of the 920 and are expecting a shipment next week." I said, "OK. Why is this phone in it's place? Do you have an actual demo of the 920?" The rep said, "No, we don't have a demo. So, we put A LUMIA 810 IN IT'S PLACE FOR NOW."

This is the type of representation MS gets at BB. I've seen these types of errors time and time again.
    Attached Thumbnails hmm.jpg  
    04-21-2013 07:12 AM
    Went to my local BB two days ago. Ever since they started matching prices I find myself in there more often. So, I was walking around and wound up in the mobile dept. I walked over to the ATT section to look at the Lumia 920. The image below is what I saw. I was perplexed as it didn't look right. It was a dummy 900 in place of the 920.

So, then a rep walks over and asks if I needed any help. I asked why there wasn't an actual 920 for the display. The rep said, "We're actually out of the 920 and are expecting a shipment next week." I said, "OK. Why is this phone in it's place? Do you have an actual demo of the 920?" The rep said, "No, we don't have a demo. So, we put A LUMIA 810 IN IT'S PLACE FOR NOW."

This is the type of representation MS gets at BB. I've seen these types of errors time and time again.
    at least they had a WP selection to see. My BB had an empty 820, 8X, and 920 sport with just the lock mechanisms there lol. And I didn't know 810 (tmobile) was in BB, I thought they didn't carry T-Mobile phones?
    04-21-2013 07:43 AM
    I recently stopped working at Best Buy. This has happened within the last week. Without giving away any company policy information, what i can tell everyone is that certain tech companies pay Best Buy for retail space within their store. Apple has a large area, and Best Buy is now setting up Samsung specific areas that Samsung themselves have paid for and supply their own employees. Microsoft does not do this. As much as I prefer Microsoft and WP8 in general to the competition, retail stores must follow the money trail in the retail environment that exists today.
    04-21-2013 09:12 AM
    Yes, as someone that works at a competitor I can 100% verify this that other companies do pay for retail space and we give space to whomever pays for it. For example, we have a separate sony and dell sections in our laptop department (not really separate as much as grouped together), but still, its because they pay us extra money to do so to show off their products. If MS isn't giving bb money then it is their fault because bb will give space to whomever pays them, same as us too. I think thats one problem with MS is they have quite a retail presence in terms of software, accessories, and of course hardware through their OEM partners, but when it comes to first party hardware, aka surface, I ahve only seen i decent display and that was at staples. We are about to get the surface soon at my store, but it jsut goes to show you how new they are to retail, I mean dell, hp, apple, pretty much every OEM gives us their products to sell immediately when they come out, its taking us more than 3 months just to get the surface and the new on is probably going to come out in june/july/august. MS needs to step up their game. Unfortunately this had always been the weak point of MS is their marketing which I have never thought was very great, the surface ads would be the first ads that I would say were good, but not great as they didn't really tell what the product did as much as just a cool thing that is does with the keyboard and a bunch of people dancing around.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2013 11:29 AM
    I went into a Best Buy a while back to see and play with a Surface Pro when they first got them. I was disheartened to find the small Microsoft display amidst all the Apple displays, with a Suface Pro laying on the table, SCREEN DOWN with the kickstand up on the air, tangled around the security cables in a big messy pile. They didn't even have a Touch or Type Cover on the table, but a 3rd party ACER Bluetooth keyboard sitting there, abit not set up and working.

I actually took it upon myself to clean up the table after playing with the Surface Pro a little. It's an impressive device, though I can't get over the lack of on board storage and the location of the SD slot versus the RT's placement behind the kickstand.
    WinFan1 likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:02 AM
    Best Buy sucks all the way around, that is all.
    04-27-2013 08:30 PM
31 12