the form factor isn't relevant.

see the lackluster sales of chromebook, rt, surfacepro, etc

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: ChromeBooks Flop, Outsold by OverPriced Windows RT Devices

the form factor isn't relevant.

see the lackluster sales of chromebook, rt, surfacepro, etc

How do we know Surface Pro was lackluster if MS isnt giving any data.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

How do we know Surface Pro was lackluster if MS isnt giving any data.

we don't. balmer & company would sure be singing about it if it was selling like mad though, next apple would push out something in the same form factor and claim victory for whatever reason.

neither of which is happening.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

we don't. balmer & company would sure be singing about it if it was selling like mad though, next apple would push out something in the same form factor and claim victory for whatever reason.

Balmer is a watch company. Ballmer is the CEO of Microsoft.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Also Surface's (neither, really) still arnt available all around the world properly. Surface Pro even less so.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Apple did file for a patent on a touchscreen device with a removable keyboard. Apple Patents A Convertible MacBook Design, And Street View Navigation That Can Go Inside Buildings | TechCrunch

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

acer computers suck "bleep"

I hate when people say that. Acer makes great computers, just every cheap ******* buys a $200 laptop and complains that it doesnt run like a $800 laptop.

try out a top end Acer, they are quite awesome!

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree, acer computers, especially the high end ones are some of the best and prettiest ultrabooks that I've seen, I also think them and ASUS did the best job on their windows 8 launch. As someone that sells computers, what I can tell you is the brand is pretty much irrelevant. Seeing as they all use almost the same parts in every computer, it really matters more the money you spend on a computer and not the brand so much. People don't like acer a lot because they buy a super cheap computer and expect it to perform like a MacBook pro. When it comes to cheap computers though, acer has pretty much perfected the art of the cheap computer. I tell this to my customers to choose a computer based on how you like it, like the keyboard and mouse, and size, features..etc. Don't really look at the brand too much. Price is more important as almost all 1000$ computers of any brand are built pretty much with solid build quality regardless of brand.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Don't really look at the brand too much. Price is more important as almost all 1000$ computers of any brand are built pretty much with solid build quality regardless of brand.

Naw, HP has forgotten how to make good trackpads, lol.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
With the prices so high already 7.5% of the market...

What will happen once those 199e and 99e 7inches tablets start flying around ?

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I hate when people say that. Acer makes great computers, just every cheap ******* buys a $200 laptop and complains that it doesnt run like a $800 laptop.

try out a top end Acer, they are quite awesome!
i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

As popular as Android is in the smartphone sector, Android tablets have pretty much mostly been duds. The only real thing they have going for them is the price point.

If some good quality W8 tablets can hit the market then I can see the marketshare growing even more.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.

not saying you are a cheap *******, just the general public that says that. I prefer Asus over Acer in most cases, but to say Acer sucks is just plain wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss