Yeah sorry i know some of you hate that word, either way:

Ive been scouting for a complete system at home, a box hooked up to the tv, devices that interacts with each other for movies, music etc,
    so far ive been looking at buying Apple TV 3 together with iPhone 5 and perhaps ipad or imac in the future..
    It has also crossed my mind to buy a Androidbased Tvbox(mediabox) since it has play store with all the apps that goes with it.
    But then it strikes me, i have a xbox 360 and a windows 8 based pc.. i also decided to sell my galaxy s3 and buy a lumia 920!
    Now is this a good "ecosystem" ? will my devices talk to eachother in some special way? I don't know what my system is capable of other than stuff i saw on youtube about xbox smartglass.
    Mainly i want to be able to stream my movies from a network hdd or the win8pc, music would also be great! Couldnt find the option for "play on xbox" in windows 8 music app (xbox music)
    Also is there any devices like ive seen for iphone etc, like a soundstation in kitchen and i just press on the phone "play in kitchen" and my music plays there instead?
    Sorry for my english, was long time since school and my kid is yelling at me from bathroom to come play with him lol. Made this quick..any advice/tip/thoughts would be great! Have a nice day!
    04-22-2013 04:47 AM
    I am in the same boat as you. I am looking for the same and have been looking at a full Win8 "ecosystem" for work and play. I liked the interplayability of the Android OS devices, but I'm moving my business to a Windows based (presently running Google/Windows 8). I like that I can pop up SmartGlass, XBOXLive, etc apps and interact with my home system. I would love to have my Win8 Laptop (17+" mobile workstation), Win8 tablet hybrid (leaning towards Yoga 13 i7) and my cell (most likely will be an ATIV S) all working seamlessly with work files (all MS Office and QuickBooks based) and then play hard with my XBOX 360/720 and multimedia needs. Anyone experiencing these scenarios today that can enlighten the OP and me on what to expect?
    04-22-2013 08:52 AM
    Skydrive is flawless, i use it to acess everything from my Windows 8 Pc, My Windows Phone and i even have it on my Xbox 360 and will have it on my Xbox 720 wich im buying Day-1. All your files in one Place in the Cloud.

Plus you can use it in your tablets im pretty sure there is a W8 app.

Xbox Music is the best option you have on a Console, its amazing but on Pc i would recommend Spotify but if you want to have everything connected than go to Xbox Music since it will sync Pc music on Xbox and Xbox-Pc, same for Xbox vdeo but again i would recommend you just to use NetFlix, its cheaper i think.

i dont use Xbox Music and Xbox Video is not available in Portugal, the reason i dont use Xbox Music is because i cant, Microsoft does not allow me to since i have a English Account and my IP is Portuguese but im not changing my Location account anytime soon because i was on Xbox Live way before it came to Portugal, 5 years ago. i joined 7 years ago.

Also Spotify is better because its more Social and you can organize things much better, i have 500 songs on my playlists and to find them is impossible but if i organize by Artist name its easy, on Xbox Music i couldnt do that but the layout is so beautiful +.+
    04-22-2013 11:15 AM
    Yeah i use spotify aswell, sadly there is no spotify app for Xbox (yet). i have just started to use skydrive! But if i lets say, download Movies, could i download them directly to skydrive? that would be awesome!
    04-23-2013 06:18 AM
    Yeah i use spotify aswell, sadly there is no spotify app for Xbox (yet). i have just started to use skydrive! But if i lets say, download Movies, could i download them directly to skydrive? that would be awesome!
    I don't use Spotify because I don't use facebook and it is required. Skydrive has a 100MB limit error when I try to upload a movie file.
    04-23-2013 06:44 PM
    Hey m3kk welcome to the WPCentral forums! As it has been said before in this thread, it's possible to share files across multiple devices - music, pictures and documents through SkyDrive. You can share a picture on from your phone to any one of these devices via the cloud. The Calendar on a Windows Phone will sync with the Calendar on a Windows 8 PC so you can make new appointments and manage your day from one device to the other and it will automatically sync up. As far as media playback goes it's possible to link your Xbox up to the media collection on your PC as long as you're on the same network. There's a few ways to do this I think... You could link the 2 collections up if they're on the same network fairly easily or you could link the two via Xbox Music on the cloud I think. I've not tried this one myself but I can't see why music on the Xbox Music cloud can't be shared to PC, Phone or Xbox.

You mention you want the ability to tell a device in your home to play some music from your phone... you can do this as long as you have DLNA supporting devices in your home through Nokia PlayTo. It's an app Nokia are currently developing (I think it's in beta) that will let you connect to a device via WiFi and send pictures and music that's on your phone through it. The media has to be on your phone, you're not connecting to your home network to play something already on a device.

As far as streaming movies from your Win8Pc on your Xbox it's perfectly possible to link existing recorded TV Programs and Films that are currently in your Media Centre to your xbox. You have to keep the PC turned on to do this but it does work well.

It's a system that's constantly getting new apps and features that improve over time and some of the features that are missing right now I'm sure Microsoft are working on.

Hope this helps in some way!
    m3kk likes this.
    04-24-2013 07:07 AM
    There isn't Xbox video on your phone, no market no nothing. Stupid to be the only phone not to have a video market.
    04-28-2013 02:26 PM
    SmartGlass is on windows 8 and WP and allow to interact with Xbox 360, working with Internet Explorer for Xbox or dashboard.

And skydrive works with all Windows products, even there is a skydrive app for Xbox 360. Blue and the next xbox with allow more "shares" between platforms.
    04-29-2013 01:54 AM
    The Blue release and leaks has me even more interested in what MS has up its sleeve to solidify the cross Windows device ecosystem.
    04-29-2013 01:26 PM
    I sold my Lumia 920 and went with a nexus 4 then I really missed wp8 and tried my luck with ativ s ..only thing I miss from l920 is apps and build quality (didn't like it being heavy with one hand use) ..i would love to get more experience out of smartglass, and I would love if Microsoft released a cheaper device with a proper name like "wMP" windows media player;) it would direct compete with apple tv and its awesome air features you can do with iPhone..i really don't want my 360 to be my media player..the device is so big and noisy xD and since I don't game anymore it feels bad to pay so much money for a one..an RT htpc? Would that be an option?
    07-21-2013 08:39 AM
    I don't use Spotify because I don't use facebook and it is required. Skydrive has a 100MB limit error when I try to upload a movie file.
    I use Spotify and don't have a Facebook or any other social network account.
    07-22-2013 05:56 AM
    I use Spotify and don't have a Facebook or any other social network account.
    I later received an email ad for Spotify which allowed me to join without fb.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-22-2013 07:06 AM
    I have an Xbox 360, Surface RT and an 822/928. I like having one ecosystem. If for nothing else than the unified way the OS's work.
    m3kk likes this.
    07-22-2013 07:25 AM