"The Wedding" the best ad of 2013 already?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The public's feeling about it is mixed, but it dragged a lot of attention and I think it did its job perfectly.

One of my Facebook friend who proudly own an iPhone said that this was the best ad so far in 2013 despite the product that it sells.

So I can see what Microsoft is doing here. They finally made an ad that did what it is supposed to do. Their ads for the Surface were just not good enough, it missed everything that could possibly sell the product.

I think it reached something like 3 million views in just 3 days.
Anyway, what do you guys think about it?

rickisthick

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
i think what microsoft needs to do now that they have every bodies attention, they have to make a follow up ad showing everything the lumia and wp can do, maybe like a "what woulda happened if they all had windows phones ad" :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What I like most about the ad is that the slogan:
"Don't fight. Switch."
Is a ridiculously good spin off:
"Resistance is futile."

Kinda funny when we could say the same about PC vs. Mac

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife could care less about such things. And gets tired of hearing me talk about phones. But when she saw this she laughed and said this is good.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's already three million views on youtube. It will definitely get the message across. People who did not know about Windows Phone before will be a little more inquisitive now :)

theta_orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For awhile I thought MSFT would be happy to stay in the background and watch Samsung and Apple set each other on fire. That ad made me and my wife (I-phone) laugh out loud! Best one yet!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
i think what microsoft needs to do now that they have every bodies attention, they have to make a follow up ad showing everything the lumia and wp can do, maybe like a "what woulda happened if they all had windows phones ad" :)

Let's make a movie out of this. With 30 secs commercial each time.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I found it funny. I still don't think it got across anything special Windows Phone can do.

Although, I think some WP users are just as much rabid fanboys as Samsung/Android and Apple fans. So in that respect, I found it a bit off. But otherwise, a funny ad

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I found it funny. I still don't think it got across anything special Windows Phone can do.

Although, I think some WP users are just as much rabid fanboys as Samsung/Android and Apple fans. So in that respect, I found it a bit off. But otherwise, a funny ad

I prefer a funny ad to an ad like apple does... With the white background and the guy that describes normal features as if they were the sickest thing a product can do

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it wasn't intended to get anything across except Windows Phone. Get a funny ad that gets people to watch the whole ad, then at the end come in with a tagline "Don't Fight, Switch", then the last thing they see is the phone. Fills all those requirements.

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I prefer a funny ad to an ad like apple does... With the white background and the guy that describes normal features as if they were the sickest thing a product can do
I love this Windows Phone ad but I have to admit that Apple's iPhone ads do, in a way, make me want an iPhone.

I hope Microsoft puts out more ads like this one, though!

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
they should have a commercial where everyone has nokia lumias recording an event thats meant to be quiet and have a samsung and apple fan in the background bickering about which is better which then get shushed because of being rude :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss