outlook.com - people - connecting accounts (facebook) people missing

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had this phenomenon?

One of my contacts in people had both an outlook and facebook (and LinkedIn and Skype) profile connected on my WP8 device (L920) - no issues.

I bought a Surface RT, and this person's facebook profile is not connected in the people app.

I decided to "unfriend" and "refriend" the person, to see if that would rectify things, but now it's worse.

The facebook connection is not there - neither on the people app on the Surface, nor on my L920, nor in my people hub on outlook.com

I don't seem to have this problem with anyone else, just with this one person. I'm totally confused.

Please, if someone's had this problem, and solved it, I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this happen - for me it sorted itself out after a few hours. In theory you can force it by disconnecting and reconnecting your FB account from Outlook.com, but I know this can cause issues with some versions of the Surface RT Mail/People/Messages client so if you do choose to break the link between the accounts, be prepared to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app on the RT.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, OK, I've given this some time, and after 3 days, my friend has reappeared synchronised in my Lumia's People hub, but not on either of my Windows 8 devices, and also not on my online People hub.

So, I don't think this has to do with the devices. I think it has a problem with my linked facebook connection in outlook.com.

I may try to unconnect my FB account, leave it for 3 or 4 days, then reconnect it again.

Can anyone maybe say if this would be better to do through the online people hub, or through the people hub on an Win 8 device?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd remove the Microsoft app from Facebook and then delete and re-add the FB app on the phone, followed by the W8 devices. Then finally check online to ensure that all the integration boxes are ticked on outlook.com.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Facebook then click on Apps Centre > My Apps, you will see the Microsoft (Facebook) app I'm referring to. This gets added to your FB account automatically when you approve a connection from MS. If you hover over it, a small grey X appears which allows you to delete it from your apps list.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. No problem on the telephone, but I have a friend that doesn't appear on people hub on Windows 8 nor on outlook.com.

Since the telephone has no problem whatsoever, I would just say BUG (and we're not the only ones with this problem).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism