05-15-2013 04:36 PM
40 12
tools
    Surely cannot be the same level of hate that iPhone/iOS gets
    05-14-2013 03:51 AM
    WP8 doesn't get much hate these days. It's a great OS.
    05-14-2013 04:14 AM
    On the verge every article about windows phones is incredibly popular, all the android fanboys comes to bash windows phone.
    But it's kinda cool, cause people knows about windows phone and jealous at some point.
    05-14-2013 04:47 AM
    because its new trend in the industry to hate MS, people think it is cool to hate MS products, but they don't know that MS products have gotten a lot better lately & they cant do any productive work with out using MS product, and MS doesn't know how to educate customers, also doesn't know how to advertise.
    Cloud is a big buzz word now & nobody knows Sky Drive, it was one of the first to offer cloud storage, Google increased storage capacity to 15 GB it was all over the news, they compared storage limit to Amazon cloud, drop box, box & never mentioned Sky Drive in the article (CNET) which gives you 25 GB free space.

I'm sure that we are all aware of this, but why is there so much hostility towards windows phone. I mean, I was on the verge the other day and they made an article about blackberry and I swear one of the first comments on it was WP sucks!

I understand that its not for everyone, but people don't seem to troll on BB half as much as WP, especially when it comes to android users, I have no problem with them thinking android is superior, thats their choice, but they always have to be the first one to insult windows phone. I just don't get it, its like they're all scared that wp might actually be a legitimate competitor to both iOS and android! I mean all three platforms have their merits, and while I personally don't like android, I don't just go and say "android sucks...have fun with your laggy,unstable, OS, losers!"

The reason why I'm bringing this up was when I was at school the other day. Let me just preface it by saying that I'm and electrical engineering major, so of course we are all into technology and phones and such. I showed my friend my new phone (the htc 8x) and he thought it was cool. Another guy sitting next to us liked the design of it and said, cool phone, and then I showed him it was a windows phone and then he said"I'm sorry you have a windows phone". He was an android user. Then I actually showed him the OS and he walked away impressed. Every time I show someone using android a windows phone, they are always like "cool, its so smooth, I wish my phone ran that fast.."

I'm not saying that my feelings are hurt, because its an OS platform, which people tend to forget when they treat it like a religion, but people out there, especially fandroids seem to get really offended or upset when you don't like android..its kinda funny. Why do you think there is such hostility towards wp?
    05-14-2013 08:15 AM
    There's just a huge amount of general smugness when it comes to both apple and google fans. They rail against MS for past sins and the relative lack of viruses on apple machines. I constantly point out that, despite what they see at Barnes and NOble, wintel machines are still the vast majority and it's not worth the hackers' time to attack the mac.

now, no matter what MS does, it often gets spun negatively. when the news came out that "Blue" would look a little more like win7, possibly including a start button, all the news stories I heard were that MS had "admitted they made a mistake." SMH/FP. This was, of course either after, or on the same day as, the story about 100MM licenses for Win8.
    05-14-2013 10:33 AM
    I'm assuming when we refer to Apple and Google fans, we really mean hardcore techies who actually care about these OS wars and not the average consumer? Cause most people I know who own a iPhone or Androids actually use Windows PCS on a regular basis. So there can't be that much hate amongst us regular folks for Microsoft
    05-14-2013 10:37 AM
    Reading this site today I would say that there is a lot of hostility towards WP from WP users themselves. I have never seen fans of any product so down and insecure as I have with WP fans.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:22 AM
    the more and more i try to defend my windows phone, the more i see the stuff im missing. the last 2 months having the nokia lumia 822 have been fun, but im bored. i miss my note 2 and will be going to get one today. Its been fun seeing so many passionate people on here but im sick of waiting for updates and apps....Not having a notification center drives me nuts. Maybe once an update comes out and fixes these little things i may come back... I guess i will just run launcher 8 on the note 2 because it gives me the look i want and gives me more options than it does on wp.
    05-14-2013 02:08 PM
    the more and more i try to defend my windows phone, the more i see the stuff im missing. the last 2 months having the nokia lumia 822 have been fun, but im bored. i miss my note 2 and will be going to get one today. Its been fun seeing so many passionate people on here but im sick of waiting for updates and apps....Not having a notification center drives me nuts. Maybe once an update comes out and fixes these little things i may come back... I guess i will just run launcher 8 on the note 2 because it gives me the look i want and gives me more options than it does on wp.
    Hopefully you'll be back near the end of this year. I hope Microsoft delivers.
    05-14-2013 02:14 PM
    if microsoft delivers i will be back....this os is great just things that seem obvious are missing....and the followers here are amazing so microsoft better deliver for them :)
    05-14-2013 02:21 PM
    I know what you mean. I feel disconnected when I try to use my WP as my primary phone. The notification system just doesn't cut it. I still keep one to play with, and I hope in the future WP becomes mature enough that Android & iOS notice it.
    Macdaddy0 likes this.
    05-14-2013 02:34 PM
    People tend to be hostile when faced with either a threat or something desired yet not obtained.
    Then you have the occasional goofball that thinks that the windows OS is not impressive.
    05-15-2013 04:09 PM
    So, in a nutshell, this is good. A lot of smartphone users are so embedded with their select ecosystem (apple, android) that they will object to anything that is competition. If anything this should tell you that windows phone's influence is strong and growing.
    People tend to be hostile when faced with either a threat or something desired yet not obtained.
    Then you have the occasional goofball that thinks that the windows OS is not impressive.
    05-15-2013 04:14 PM
    I think people are more anti-iOS than anti-WP really, but that's because not that many people are aware of Windows Phone currently. Thats changing in the UK though with wider network solution (especially O2) and all the advertising on the telly.

I tend to recommend either WP or iOS to people, depending on their needs and budget - not sure there are many people in the world who would be served better by Android!
    clbarker10 likes this.
    05-15-2013 04:19 PM
    Right. People are objective against Apple because they are such a force in the tech world. You commit to something and then something else is flashing it's medals in front of you then there you have typical human jealousy which also brings dislike etc. I prefer android over iOS simply because i don't like the layout of apple's mobile operating system. I like widgets and live tiles and apple is just too static for my taste so I don't buy their products. I do think that Apple is a better company than Google. That's my personal opinion. I KNOW that apple and Microsoft are not enemies and benefit from each other as said by both Jobs and Gates. Google is against Microsoft and Apple and although I would prefer an android phone over an Apple phone I still respect Apple more. Again my reason is purely based off aesthetics not functionality. Luckily for me, my Lumia has both.
    I think people are more anti-iOS than anti-WP really, but that's because not that many people are aware of Windows Phone currently. Thats changing in the UK though with wider network solution (especially O2) and all the advertising on the telly.

I tend to recommend either WP or iOS to people, depending on their needs and budget - not sure there are many people in the world who would be served better by Android!
    05-15-2013 04:36 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD