Microsoft Store Opening in Miami Dadeland Mall

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I was at the pre-opening VIP event this evening at the Microsoft Store. It was fun. Alonzo Mourning formerly of the Miami Heat was there. I got to see the new 928 and the 521. I have the 920. The 928 feels nice. I was really impressed with the 521. I didn't do much with it to see how it ran apps, but it looked amazing for $149, no contract. Saw and played with a lot tablets, laptops, all-in-ones, and xboxes. Should be interesting when the xbox 720 comes to see people line up for it. I'm glad we have a store here to compete with Apple stores everywhere. Microsoft store is way more fun. They started with a kiosk with surfaces and a few phones and will open the store officially on Monday. I will be there for that as well.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
See? This is what Microsoft needs. In-store presence. If retailers refuse to grant you the spotlight, build your own store chain!

More importantly, how'd you get in?

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I got in through a friend with whom I work with doing IT consulting. He's part of organization called South Florida Digitial Alliance. They have strong Microsoft ties. Microsoft granted them 1 million dollars. Not sure what for, but they do help provide computers and technology to those who can't afford it. I've donated old hard drives to them for computer rebuilds.

I went to the official public grand opening this weekend. That was fun too. There was a pretty good crowd of people, most likely because of the giveaways. They have xbox with kinect setup outside the store and inside so there is a lot excitement going on. There is a also a Tesla store next door where you can check out and sit in the car. The area has a very high tech and futuristic vibe. It's a great addition to the Mall. If they do this type of thing across major cities it should be good for Microsoft. They also still have a small kiosk in the mall showcasing the surface and a few phones. That has been since Surface RT was released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion