IE Ads Working, Eating Chrome Share like a Lion eats his food

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe this, wow. Chrome is really good, better than IE IMO. I don't think the share will drop for it. I expect Firefox or opera to lose a lot.

For the more tech minded people who visit w3schools, it has the best archive of user %

browsers
Browser Statistics

OS
OS Statistics

and somebody said pc is dying, puny minded ****s.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Wonder how many chrome installs are because people don't know to uncheck the box on an adobe flash update.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
IE 10 is my default browser (Even after years of using Chrome) , I sometimes get stuck with a website that requires Chrome and I launch Chrome do my biz and exit it immediately , IE10 however should be a monthly iteration and not a yearly one , lets hope the folks at Redmond will agree to that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was a Firefox user probably for a decade. With Win8 I thought I'll give IE10 a chance cos I heard it's much improved and I havn't gone back since. I did try Chrome back when I used Firefox, but didn't see anything that would've justified relearning the new software.

Now it's good that I just use IE, cos then it'll work nicely with fe. my Surface RT or perhaps the upcoming Xbox One that are more or less forced to using IE anyways, so I can have websites etc synced.

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Every once in a while I try to use Chrome, but always end up going back to IE.

How do You cope with all those ads? I was pleased with IE speed and flow and i'd love to use it over my FF but those damn ads... They're everywhere. I downloaded some of those tracking protection lists but it doesn't do the job as i expected.
Using my FF most of ads (say 99%) are blocked, sites are clean and there are no blank spaces in between.
Is there any way to do it in IE?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
How do You cope with all those ads? I was pleased with IE speed and flow and i'd love to use it over my FF but those damn ads... They're everywhere. I downloaded some of those tracking protection lists but it doesn't do the job as i expected.
Using my FF most of ads (say 99%) are blocked, sites are clean and there are no blank spaces in between.

Not really. You'll be stuck with those blank spaces, but it doesn't bother me. As long as sites are fast, I am happy.

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, i can live with blank spaces but what about ads? Are TPL the only way to block them? Or are there some hidden adblock addons that i missed while researching IE? Those TPL available on IE site are no good for most sites i use.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Okay, i can live with blank spaces but what about ads? Are TPL the only way to block them? Or are there some hidden adblock addons that i missed while researching IE? Those TPL available on IE site are no good for most sites i use.

I think they have adblock and others available, but they are mostly paid. That's why I just stick to TPL.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind most ads. I realize that websites need to make money.

I don't like pop-up ads though. Yuck. Get out of my way.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use adblock plus, request policy and ghostery in Firefox. I haven't found anything like those for IE yet.

Last edited:

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you could install Adblock Plus for IE10 i'd swap from Firefox... But I simply cannot put up with those ads on Youtube etc... Forcing you to watch a 30 second video before you can see the content you want.

No thanks google.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Wonder how many chrome installs are because people don't know to uncheck the box on an adobe flash update.

Exactly, there is nothing you cant download from the internet these days which doesn't have Chrome attached to it. Saying that, for those with XP I advise them to install Chrome or Firefox but IE has come a long way since IE9. IE10 is awesome and so will IE11 but perception is a problem especially when the majority of sites are coded for IE8 and Webkit browsers. Its a good thing that Google are going to fork away with Chrome, it will perhaps force developers to code for web standards rather than particular engines and this will be good news for IE10+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077