Bing Rewards

hahaha10000

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Bing rewards sounds fantastic, get points for doing something that you already do but why is it only available in the US? Im in the UK and are there any plans to expand it globally?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope they expand it internationally. I'm in the U.S. and I have been using Bing Rewards since April. In those 3 months, just by doing what I already was doing (Internet searches via Bing), I've racked up like 1600 points, which can be converted into all sorts of stuff (like 525 points for $5 in the Windows Phone app store, or Amazon or Starbucks gift cards, or, if you're not selfish, you can even donate them to charity).

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Same as everything, US Only... Other countries defo get screwed over when it comes to stuff that's online/tech related.

hahaha10000

May 9, 2013
Visit site
That's really annoying, so many more people would use Bing! Is there a suggestion site or something we can use to request they roll it out internationally?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It really is a shame that this isn't international. If nothing else at least the ability to earn points for apps for WP. I've cashed mine in a couple of times to buy some apps.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered something about this. Both my wife and I live in the U.S. and have Windows accounts, integrated across our PCs, Surface, and Windows Phones. I have been signed up for Bing Rewards for months and have loved it. So, I tried to sign my wife up (again, who is in the U.S.) and it said that Bing Rewards wasn't available in her region (she has her Microsoft account set to Japan). So, perhaps a work around for this is for people outside of the U.S. to simply change their region setting to English - U.S. Someone abroad should try that and let us know.

DaddyLikey

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried redeeming points today for the $5 WP store credit, but I couldn't find it! I only saw the $1.25 WP store credit one. I hope they didn't remove it permanently!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried redeeming points today for the $5 WP store credit, but I couldn't find it! I only saw the $1.25 WP store credit one. I hope they didn't remove it permanently!
Hey, you're right! I thought I saw it there a few days ago, too. That sucks, I only got to utilize it once. I was holding on to my rewards points until they can fix my issue with a locked account (can't buy apps with my current balance). $1.25 credit is not as good of a deal :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed a change. It used to give 1 point for every 2 searches (up to 20 points/day). Now it changed to 1 point for every 3 searches (up to 30 points/day).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is just a temporary change to reward you for achieving Gold status. It will revert back after awhile
I've had Gold status for 3 months now. I probably won't see any difference, since I plan to maintain Gold.

I've used my points toward my Starbucks card to get free coffee.

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So I've been Gold for a couple weeks now, and I'm still only able to earn 15 credits a day. Am I supposed to be able to earn 20, or even 30 like Laura?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon