Outlook.com Calendar Deletion

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to delete a calendar that I created but I don't use anymore.

For example: I have my normal calendar, my birthday calendar and holiday calendar. I created a work calendar and I decided that I don't want it anymore. I can delete it from outlook 2013 but I can't delete it from outlook.com. I might be missing something, hopefully somebody has an answer.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When you open calendars in outlook.com, do you see your calendars listed when you click on the gear icon?

When you select the calendar you wish to delete, do you see something like this?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

dtorr1188

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
soo i have a similar issue... i created a "Work" calendar years ago and i think during the outlook.com launch microsoft created a default work calendar that has been titled "Work1." I can delete "Work" and rename it but i cannot delete or rename "Work1"... any suggestions?

THANKS!!!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
soo i have a similar issue... i created a "Work" calendar years ago and i think during the outlook.com launch microsoft created a default work calendar that has been titled "Work1." I can delete "Work" and rename it but i cannot delete or rename "Work1"... any suggestions?

THANKS!!!

I wonder if this is because it is your default (primary) calendar. Have you tried changing the default (primary) calendar, then seeing if it can be deleted?

ShaolinTurbo

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Haha i have been searching for ages on how to delete a calendar, thanks for this post! Kind of strange place to put the delete button but there you go!

cabarney

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I missed that too - I wonder what some user interaction testing would reveal here?

Apparently I didn't scan the header for the delete button. I think it was hard to find because

a) it was in an area that I naturally associated with a header
b) I expect headers to contain headings for the page, not action links / buttons
c) "delete" is not a button - it looks like a subtitle, if anything.

Thanks all the same.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It is placed just the same as any button on outlook.com for interaction with it selected content..
But I do agree, because it is a 'single' button, it is less apparent.
Though if you stick to this logic, you'll find your way in outlook/people/calendar/onedrive/office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs