Superman?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I know some people are billing the latest Superman movie as a big product placement exercise wrapped in a movie, BUT....
Did anyone else notice the OBVIOUS plug for Nokia and what looked like a 920 or 928 in one scene? It was pretty funny how they had "NOKIA" on the front of the phone, but a refreshing change to the Apple sheeples. ;-)

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I found it to be a breather from the more common apple used in movies. It was a 928 I believe as mentioned in some articles. Forgot exactly though. But the big Nokia was a bit off

kbilly70

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My son and I saw the movie yesterday and were discussing all the Nokia phones that were shown. The first phone we saw is when Amy Adams is meeting with the reporter from the other newspaper and the reporter picks up his phone. This appeared to us to be a Lumia 925. We were really curious about a couple of other appearances though.

When Amy Adams looks out the window and sees the FBI, she is holding what looks like a Lumia 920 but one with a camera housing that is chrome. Maybe a Lumia 900 as I think that might have had the chrome camera housing.

The other one that mystified us was the phone with the huge Nokia name on the front. When the girl in the movie held it up, my son and I actually turned to each other and were saying what was that? It looked huge and my son thoughts are that maybe it is a Galaxy Note style phone. It dwarfed any other Nokia phone currently out, or so it seemed.

Anyway, good to see some Lumia love going on.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Please tell me the Nokia logo is really that big on that phone. You guys know which part I'm talking about right. I was on the verge of facepalming. I mean I'm all for supporting Nokia and WP but that part kind of broke the immersion for me. I wanted to whip my phone out to check. Oh and the way it was lit up made me chuckle. The other placements were somewhat subtle and didn't bother me so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss