06-21-2013 11:23 AM
34 12
tools
    If Nokia were taken over and moved to being an Android house - WP would be effectively dead unless Microsoft stepped in and because a mobile OEM themselves.
    If that happens, it might not be all bad. It could force Microsoft to get serious about WP.
    06-18-2013 04:38 PM
    If that happens, it might not be all bad. It could force Microsoft to get serious about WP.
    Could you please explain, with examples, why you believe MS is not currently taking WP seriously. Not trolling, just curious.
    06-18-2013 05:06 PM
    That's basically what it would be forced to do, I know Microsoft owns some stock in Nokia and I bet if this company tries it Microsoft would just buy the company out. They know who is putting out their phones the fastest. Also Microsoft put like 4.4 billion in marketing the windows phone and tablet and all over the next 2-3 years. I just saw Superman Man of Steel, they all had Nokias and you could tell they were pushing them. I know Microsoft would not let this Chinese company take them over. Would be dumb business and how much money they have put in it.
    06-18-2013 05:20 PM
    Microsoft would just buy them out and that would be the end of it, because they would rather put their money in marketing, but if this Chinese forces them, they would buy them out,
    06-18-2013 05:22 PM
    Could you please explain, with examples, why you believe MS is not currently taking WP seriously. Not trolling, just curious.
    I should've said "more serious". I didn't mean to make it sound like Microsoft isn't doing anything about Windows Phone. MS got in the game a few years behind iOS & Android, which means they have some catching up to do. So far it seems that for every step WP takes, iOS & Android take a step as well, if not two! The recent Skype app update is a very recent example. I realize that, like any other developer, MS needs to first go where the customers are, but I would think that not giving current WP customers another reason to jump ship would be worth something.

That's my view and it's strictly a personal opinion; not fact by any means!
    06-18-2013 08:33 PM
    If Nokia get's brought out by Huawei, i'm going to HTC for my Windows Phones.
    06-19-2013 01:23 AM
    Richard Yu is just being stupid. Microsoft was willing to pay 40 Bil for yahoo. You think Microsoft will just stand there and let Huawei to take over Nokia? ... Never !!!
    06-19-2013 02:05 AM
    Well now we know - there isn't going to a Microsoft takeover any time soon.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-20-2013 03:02 AM
    I think this whole situation just goes to show how flawed the economic systems currently in place really are. Shareholders who only have profits in mind drive companies to do things that aren't necessarily good/sustainable in the long run and prevent companies from taking time to innovate. Much of the pressure on Nokia is coming from ***** shareholders who think that going to Android will magically make Nokia into the next Samsung or Apple.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-21-2013 11:23 AM
34 12