NOK share spike today of 11%!!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. So I've never seen NOK shares spike up $0.36 (or 10%) in an instant..

I'm not complaining but why??

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any reason for the giant share spike today for NOK?

Might be pumping it up due to Samsung's upcoming event. Maybe a leak has gone out that they aren't providing another WP8 device leaving nokia as dominant OEM?

Pure speculation of course

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Might be pumping it up due to Samsung's upcoming event. Maybe a leak has gone out that they aren't providing another WP8 device leaving nokia as dominant OEM?

Pure speculation of course

I know they are announcing devices from both the galaxy and ativ line up so I'd be surprised if nothing WP was in there.. EOS has been leaked for a while now so I can't see it being that.. I read today Nokia is testing devices with the Snapdragon 800 but doubt that would push the stock up.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Nevermind.. I just found out that Huawei has commented to being "open" to buying Nokia. Not sure if this would be a good thing or not though... The brand of Huawei devices in my opinion have never been appealing.

sandysan

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Nevermind.. I just found out that Huawei has commented to being "open" to buying Nokia. Not sure if this would be a good thing or not though... The brand of Huawei devices in my opinion have never been appealing.

they also has less than complimentary things to say about wp8 ( specifically the low market share and licencing fees). I've used their comet ( a low end android phone) and their 4G mobile hotspot which has some good aspects and some bad.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd cry, not really, but yea, that'd suck. If MS didn't stop the aquisition, they would probably release the Surface Phone.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I could see MSFT move here actually. Always expected them to do so and IMO they should.

Huawei would use Nokia tech in CrapDroid phones and kill off the Nokia hardware.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure Huawei is more substantial than you are giving them credit for. One of the largest tech companies in all of China. I didn't spend time trying to find the right quote on Yahoo finance, but Wikipedia is stating $217B CNY of revenue in 2012, which is about $35B USD. More profitable than NOK (they are profitable), so it's not beyond consideration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb