Steam to let gamers share?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
People in the market for a gaming console probably aren't going to get a PC instead for gaming. Don't think it would have any effect

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Gabe wasn't happy with MS ever since MS said they would sell games through the Windows Store. I'm sure he wants the PC gaming market to all go through Steam so Valve can profit. Wouldn't be surprised if Valve was trying to kick MS while it was down (in terms of Xbox One reaction).

There still would be restrictions on how you can share and for how long so it's not completely open but most people won't read that part. It also depends on which developers would allow this especially if it meant less money for them.

Last edited:

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Steam is loved and I thought they would love the xbox one because it's so much alike, but the internet went crazy for so little (including non-gamers in the mix)

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
MS could take a leaf out of Sony's book on how to share games with friends.

Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube
I've tried to explain how it works on xbox... but people generally answer "i prefer lending my CD directly to my friend then going through this process" which bugs me because going all the way to your friends house is more trouble then entering his gametag in you "circle of ten". I just gave up.... ill wait until release date to say "I told you guys..."

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to explain how it works on xbox... but people generally answer "i prefer lending my CD directly to my friend then going through this process" which bugs me because going all the way to your friends house is more trouble then entering his gametag in you "circle of ten". I just gave up.... ill wait until release date to say "I told you guys..."

Yeah, I had the problem of I have family in Canada, I'm UK. Going round to theirs with the disc or shipping it to them to borrow is kinda out of the question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas