What i over heard about Windows 8.1 in a Microsoft store in chicago

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So today i sent to chicago into a mall called nordstrom and I noticed that their was a mini Microsoft store right in front so I checked it outit was all about the surface so I played with them but I started overhearing all these micrososoft employees talking about the windows 8.1. Update and how it was gonna be released in 2 weeks, and they kept saying that they loved windows 8 and windows 8.1 was just everything else to make windows perfect lime something that you could do with water colors and stuff, and one employee told me that 8.1 was everything he was hoping for!

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What is he hoping for though if its everything he wants?

Unfortunately I'm sure everything he wants in 8.1 and everything somebody else wants are 2 different things. He didn't provide anything useful really.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I never take physical MS Store employees word for anything. The last time I went into one I ended up correcting an employee who was trying to sell a Surface RT to a customer. When the employee tried to talk again, the customer physically gave him a "talk to the hand" and said, "I've heard from you already. I want to hear from this guy now."

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I never take physical MS Store employees word for anything. The last time I went into one I ended up correcting an employee who was trying to sell a Surface RT to a customer. When the employee tried to talk again, the customer physically gave him a "talk to the hand" and said, "I've heard from you already. I want to hear from this guy now."

lol no but this guy was very knowledgeable he had a Lumia 920 he new the difference between rt and pro and when I told him that I was kinda sad that they took away the things for the Xbox one the other day he was like "OMG FINNALY SOMEONE WJO AGREES!"

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. When one employee at one store makes one mistake, that very clearly indicates that there are no Microsoft Store employees who know their stuff.

Btw, I have had exactly the opposite experience... the ones I have met have been very well informed.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. When one employee at one store makes one mistake, that very clearly indicates that there are no Microsoft Store employees who know their stuff.

Btw, I have had exactly the opposite experience... the ones I have met have been very well informed.

He wasn't ill-informed. Its true, 8.1 is being released in a couple weeks (actually one), as a preview to the public.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

lolz yeah I know it's really frustrating when a lot of times, the customer is even more knowledgeable than the employee. but I kinda know the feeling coz I was once in sales too. it's a different story when you are just an employee forced to learn something you're not really interested at. hahahahahahaha here in my country, I always visit a nokia concept store and ask difficult things (I know the answers, just testing them). most of the time they don't know. but it's ok I have the internet :)

btw, im just curious because so far, there's not so much change in 8.1 besides the few tweaks so I don't know how the employee felt that it was what he's hoping for. I hope in 8.1 some instability issues are already corrected. there's are times my pc just freezes for a couple of seconds. sometimes it's so fast, sometimes so slow... really extreme. hehe

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
lolz yeah I know it's really frustrating when a lot of times, the customer is even more knowledgeable than the employee. but I kinda know the feeling coz I was once in sales too. it's a different story when you are just an employee forced to learn something you're not really interested at. hahahahahahaha here in my country, I always visit a nokia concept store and ask difficult things (I know the answers, just testing them). most of the time they don't know. but it's ok I have the internet :)

btw, im just curious because so far, there's not so much change in 8.1 besides the few tweaks so I don't know how the employee felt that it was what he's hoping for. I hope in 8.1 some instability issues are already corrected. there's are times my pc just freezes for a couple of seconds. sometimes it's so fast, sometimes so slow... really extreme. hehe

the employee said that it was really a lot of "knit picky" things that "would make it 100 times more awesome" lol so I'm not sure

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i know this off topic is there anyway to configure mail settings in 8.1 preview. I've searched and found nothing;

1) Right click in the mail client doesnot bring up advance settings
2) Advanced settings in charms bar only has two settings >.<
3) Mail configuration in control panel is missing
4) "Mail settings" search in charms search in settings brings up nothing

So am at a total lose here lol, would be great if any of you could point me in the right direction :).

If it helps i'm running the preview in vmware workstation 8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss