'Major' Microsoft reorg expected by July 1st as Ballmer contemplates single 'Windows' division | The Verge

What do you guys think, is this good news? I think MS can use a better PR machine (the whole Xbox One thing has left a bitter taste) and a new "image" overall. If Ballmer thinks he can pull this off with a reorganization and shift the focus to devices and services, he'll have my support.
    06-24-2013 04:42 AM
    wtf, no way.
    06-24-2013 07:15 AM
    Ah, now we've got "our own" article as well :) Microsoft restructuring plans expected by July 1st, leaving some execs worried | Windows Phone Central

I thought I read something about a new publice image for Microsoft a few months back... Can anyone confirm that? Maybe this reorganization is part of that plan?
    06-24-2013 09:46 AM
    MSFT reorg's every few years as with most larger companies. Nothing groundbreaking or unexpected here.
    06-25-2013 09:12 AM
    MSFT reorg's every few years as with most larger companies. Nothing groundbreaking or unexpected here.
    Any sources for that? I know a few people that work at MS and none of them think this is your average bit of organizational tinkering. I don't know what is going on either, but many assume this is partly the reversal of the organizational structures that regulators forced MS into at the beginning of the last decade. That would be groundbreaking IMHO.

I thought I read something about a new publice image for Microsoft a few months back...
    Internal reorganizations are never really about a companies public image. They are about streamlining business processes and reassigning competencies and responsibilities.
    06-25-2013 09:25 AM
    Internal reorganizations are never really about a companies public image. They are about streamlining business processes and reassigning competencies and responsibilities.
    Bummer :( They're still seen as the big old sluggish capitalistic "M$"...
    06-25-2013 06:10 PM
    The article read mentioned Microsoft may be pushing even more for a single platform for the phone device and larger.

I would like to see even more code reuse available for developing on the Windows Phone and Windows 8 platforms.
    06-28-2013 06:21 PM