Ruggedness and Windows Phone

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have heard of the phones dropping in tiolets or general water...and in majority of the cases it could have easily been prevented. Lifeguards using a smartphone, ummmm...dont they have specific phones for their work? Or are you referring to them using it for personal use during their shift? I'm confused by the statement.

Just having one by the water period. I'm just saying a waterproof phone might be good regardless as accidents happen. Just because something is preventable doesn't mean it won't happen. A waterproof windows phone would be a must buy for me. Just like the S4 Active put top end specs in it but have removable storage and battery.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Just having one by the water period. I'm just saying a waterproof phone might be good regardless as accidents happen. Just because something is preventable doesn't mean it won't happen. A waterproof windows phone would be a must buy for me. Just like the S4 Active put top end specs in it but have removable storage and battery.

First let me say Samsung GS4 active does look awesome...dont get me wrong. The added waterproof as a feature could be appealing, but I don't see it being a breaking point feature. With that said, having it is still cool at no extra charge. I would definitely pick the gs4a over gs4, as the durability is a huge selling factor for me. I'm just saying, if waterproof makes you think "wow I have dropped my phone in the toilet 7 times...i could use that"...you maybe shouldn't use it during bathroom breaks lol

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
First let me say Samsung GS4 active does look awesome...dont get me wrong. The added waterproof as a feature could be appealing, but I don't see it being a breaking point feature. With that said, having it is still cool at no extra charge. I would definitely pick the gs4a over gs4, as the durability is a huge selling factor for me. I'm just saying, if waterproof makes you think "wow I have dropped my phone in the toilet 7 times...i could use that"...you maybe shouldn't use it during bathroom breaks lol

That's not the point though, like I was in an AT&T store Thursday with one of my friends and I was telling him about the GS4 Active and how it was waterproof. A lady overheard me say that and she exclaimed "Its waterproof?!" I said "Yes it is". She immediately looked at the device liked she was going to rip off the stand and walk out with it. I'm just saying its one of the features that can be market to an advantage by a windows phone manufacturer. Just like Samsung makes commercials based on its phones features, that could be a feature you can market. Its even better on windows phone because there is no other waterproof phone running Windows phone 8.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
That's not the point though, like I was in an AT&T store Thursday with one of my friends and I was telling him about the GS4 Active and how it was waterproof. A lady overheard me say that and she exclaimed "Its waterproof?!" I said "Yes it is". She immediately looked at the device liked she was going to rip off the stand and walk out with it. I'm just saying its one of the features that can be market to an advantage by a windows phone manufacturer. Just like Samsung makes commercials based on its phones features, that could be a feature you can market. Its even better on windows phone because there is no other waterproof phone running Windows phone 8.

Hey, maybe it can...i was just saying its not a selling point for me that's all. Everyone I've mentioned it to had the same reaction as me, its a feature that wouldn't sway their opinion on a device. To each their own.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, maybe it can...i was just saying its not a selling point for me that's all. Everyone I've mentioned it to had the same reaction as me, its a feature that wouldn't sway their opinion on a device. To each their own.

Exactly it may not sway you but it might sway others. Look at the Xperia Z, one if its main selling points is that it is waterproof. Its the only high end phone besides the GS4 Active that is waterproof.

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the Nokia-branded soft black thin case both for the 900 and now the 920. It adds almost no bulk, doesn't alter the aesthetic of the device, gives excellent grip (probably the most important part), and provides a little more protection for the camera lens. Lumias are not for underwater use, but they are the toughest build I've ever seen on a touch-screen phone, at least on the 900 and 920.

Last edited:

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
With all the rugged phones coming out now and with the rumor of the extremely hyped Moto X being rugged if WP8 wants to be taken seriously long term and get into the business market it's going to need a rugged phone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the Nokia-branded soft black thin case both for the 900 and now the 920. It adds almost no bulk, doesn't alter the aesthetic of the device, gives excellent grip (probably the most important part), and provides a little more protection for the camera lens. Lumias are not for underwater use, but they are the toughest build I've ever seen on a touch-screen phone, at least on the 900 and 920.

Nah I'm talking a phone that can withstand water or even drops out of the box no case required. What's the pint of buying a new phone when it can mess up at the slightest mistake, then you buy expensive cases for it. Might as well bought an iPhone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
With all the rugged phones coming out now and with the rumor of the extremely hyped Moto X being rugged if WP8 wants to be taken seriously long term and get into the business market it's going to need a rugged phone.

That's exactly what I am saying. Its needs a rugged (kyocera torque or cat b15) or semi rugged (xperia z and s4 active) phone to differentiate. Yeah you can have a new Windows phone but it has the sane features as the last 50 of them. Some rugged features will make it stand out and more attractive to more people.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what I am saying. Its needs a rugged (kyocera torque or cat b15) or semi rugged (xperia z and s4 active) phone to differentiate. Yeah you can have a new Windows phone but it has the sane features as the last 50 of them. Some rugged features will make it stand out and more attractive to more people.

Yup. Each Android phone is different in some way because its open source, IR, rugged and the fancy swiping over the screen on the S4. All the WP8 are the same thing just a different design and color, features are all the sane. People like being able to say 'my phone is a quad core' or 'mine can go underwater'. In reality they will never come close to needing all 4 cores on a phone but its a selling/bragging point. WP8 needs that selling/bragging point, it's not going to happen in the software dept because all the software on all the phones are the same so it needs to happen in hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Each Android phone is different in some way because its open source, IR, rugged and the fancy swiping over the screen on the S4. All the WP8 are the same thing just a different design and color, features are all the sane. People like being able to say 'my phone is a quad core' or 'mine can go underwater'. In reality they will never come close to needing all 4 cores on a phone but its a selling/bragging point. WP8 needs that selling/bragging point, it's not going to happen in the software dept because all the software on all the phones are the same so it needs to happen in hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Exactly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium