How many of you came from Blackberry?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had Blackberry smartphones since the first Storm. I have had a couple other phones (Samsung Ace (the Windows 6.1 one) and Motorola Dext), but I haven't exactly been happy with them.

I currently have the Bold 9790, which works perfectly fine but I'm getting a bit tired of it. I don't trust Android and I can't afford an iPhone, so I've been looking at the 520. But I'm worried that I will regret the decision, and since I'll be renewing my Tab It's not exactly a reversible decision.

Those of you that came from Blackberry, do you find you really miss anything? Anything you regret not having?
Thanks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I switched from BlackBerry to Windows Phone back in April 2012.

I had a BB 9700 and was eligible for an upgrade for 11 months at that time. BB10 was still "coming soon" back then, and I saw the CES 2012 reports. I used Nokia prior to BB, and I liked Nokia hardware build quality. At that time, I had issues with BB (freezing and hourglassing).

When the Nokia Lumia 900 became available, I got it on release date. I have no regrets. I do not miss the reboots upon every app install/update, nor the 5+ minute times to reboot.

I'd love to update to WP8, but my contract will not be upgradeable until next year, thanks to AT&T.

I do not miss anything from BB at this point, since the long reboot times and battery pulls were really undesirable. Windows Phone is much better to me.

barnyr

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I still carry a blackberry (not BB10) along with a lumia 920. I like the physical keyboard and shortcuts programmed to keys on the BB. I like the WP screen, speed of device, user interface and camera. Hoping Microsoft will improve WP versions of word and excel and pdf reader.

fabianloing

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am still a blackberry user since 2006. I also carry a blackberry 9900 and lumia 920 now. The only reason I still cannot replace,my blackberry with is its keyboard. I feel that I have yet to find anything to replace a physical keyboard. However, other than that, Lumia 920 is simply awesome. I have been a loyal Nokia Lumia supporter since Lumia 800.

redtail34

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I just came from curve 9315, ' wanted to get the z10 or q10 but price is too high and os is still young. I have a lumia 521 and really like it.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I still have a BlackBerry. I love my Z10! I think you should give BB10 a go because it is a very nice OS. I don't own a WP8 device currently but Windows Phone would be my next choice after BB10. I think they both have a lot going for them.

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a 9800 and still carry a curve for work. I bought an L820 on launch day and sold my 9800. Biggest things I miss from my BB are the notification LED and profile customization for ringtones/alerts/etc.. Battery life is extremely poor also. However I note that BB10 has many issues too. I also have a Playbook which is mostly useless too. I got tired of waiting for BB10 and I've looked at the Z10 and Q10 and don't see anything impressive enough to make me switch back. Overall fairly satisfied with WP8 at this point.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry is getting killed today after missing earnings expectations. I think we might be seeing more converts in the near future.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a BB9900 for work but still use my Lumia 920 for personal. Honestly, I don't know how people used those devices for personal use other than BBM Which I consider overrated. I haven't used BB10 enough to comment on it, just a few demos.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Torch 9850. Honestly, the only thing I miss so far is that notification LED light. Other than that, I'm really loving my 822. I'm not interested in a billion fart apps so the app gap argument is lost on me.

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 9800, haven't touched it in weeks. Seems to have a limit on the amount of memory I could use for apps before the endless reboot occurs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers