How many of you came from Blackberry?

sotoy_yuk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have my curve beside lumia 920. I use it just for bbm with my gf and after a couple days it will show the clock and need battery pull with a few minutes for booting 😞

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Bold 9000 in a pod in my nightstand for use as a clock/alarm. The only thing I miss is the keyboard and profiles, I actually like not having an led blinking at me all day long.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry is getting killed today after missing earnings expectations. I think we might be seeing more converts in the near future.

And arguably more importantly, announcing that BB 10 is not coming to the Playbook (though I thought that was a longshot anyway considering the Playbook is 2 years old).

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If we negate my three week stint with Android, I came from BlackBerry to WP, back in 2011. About October 2011 I believe I came over. Had the BlackBerry Torch 9800 before it, and the HTC TITAN was my first Windows Phone (it was about a month before the NL800 came out), and in January 2013 I moved over to the Nokia Lumia 920.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And arguably more importantly, announcing that BB 10 is not coming to the Playbook (though I thought that was a longshot anyway considering the Playbook is 2 years old).

I'm kind of glad that BB10 isn't coming to the PlayBook. The specs of it (being a 2+ year old tablet) wouldn't be enough to run BB10 smoothly anyway.

dreonedon

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I came from (BB)curv to Windows Phone 7 (Samsung Focus flash) 2011 now I have Lumia 920 got it December 2012 waiting on next flagship Windows Phone 8 on AT&T I would prefer the 925 over that gigantic eos(1020) thing really hope they make a smaller version to that EOS camera I'm a Windows supporter I'm not interested in a perfect camera 41Mp for what Nokia fan boys have no problem I'm here because of Windows not because of Nokia/htc or Samsung I will buy anyone of these as long as they run Windows.

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I still miss that keyboard. I came from Bold, then another Bold with a Playbook (still love the form factor), to a Dell Venue Pro, to a Lumia 900, and now with a Lumia 720 (unlocked) and a Surface Pro (love that thing).

I did have a brief period with an iphone, but it wasn't long enough to count it.

I'm hoping that EOS thing comes out soon on ATT and it has SD expansion, tethering and visual voice from ATT (tethering and visual voice mail don't work on my unlocked 720). But I'll need an equivalent battery to switch - the 720 can last me a couple of days or a solid one day using it really hard.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of glad that BB10 isn't coming to the PlayBook. The specs of it (being a 2+ year old tablet) wouldn't be enough to run BB10 smoothly anyway.

Yeah, IMO the bigger issue with BB10 not coming to the Playbook is that Blackberry said multiple times that it would be coming and then they broke their promise. Blackberry IMO is really good at over-promising and under-delivering.

As a Playbook owner, I don't really care one way or the other that BB10 isn't coming to the Playbook because 1) I don't use the Playbook (or any of my other tablets) too often and 2) I like the Playbook's current operating system.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, IMO the bigger issue with BB10 not coming to the Playbook is that Blackberry said multiple times that it would be coming and then they broke their promise. Blackberry IMO is really good at over-promising and under-delivering.

As a Playbook owner, I don't really care one way or the other that BB10 isn't coming to the Playbook because 1) I don't use the Playbook (or any of my other tablets) too often and 2) I like the Playbook's current operating system.

Yes I agree it's another broken promise. But I like the PlayBook OS too. While I did sell my PlayBook once I got my Z10, I wouldn't care too much that BB10 won't come.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Although my former phone was a omnia b7610 prior to that was a touch pro 2 (after it gave up the ghost.. i loved that keyboard) prior to this I had a blackberry curve 8520, 8900, bold 9800 would I qualify? :p.

I hated how blackberry was confining it was stifling so much so I ended up importing a 10th hand battered hand me down touch pro 2 verizon model (all for that important 3.5 jack!) after my bold 9800 had a little unfortunate 10 second swim in a coat pocket full of Dr pepper.. a little complicated to explain how it happened. But after 2 weeks resting in bag full of rice inside a plastic "coffin", the phone booted but the screen was well and truly dead.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Although my former phone was a omnia b7610 prior to that was a touch pro 2 (after it gave up the ghost.. i loved that keyboard) prior to this I had a blackberry curve 8520, 8900, bold 9800 would I qualify? :p.

I hated how blackberry was confining it was stifling so much so I ended up importing a 10th hand battered hand me down touch pro 2 verizon model (all for that important 3.5 jack!) after my bold 9800 had a little unfortunate 10 second swim in a coat pocket full of Dr pepper.. a little complicated to explain how it happened. But after 2 weeks resting in bag full of rice inside a plastic "coffin", the phone booted but the screen was well and truly dead.
I remember the "There's a Bold in My Beer" thread on CrackBerry.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I came from BB. Curve 9300, qwerty keyboard. It served me well.

I'd wanted to move to full touchscreen in early 2013 with $250-300 budget but found that the touchscreen BB hardware at that price range at the time was inferior to Nokia Windows Phone offering (e.g. RAM for apps, screen size & resolution).

So, Lumia 620 for me.

It wasn't a hard decision especially as most of my BBM groups members were also migrating to Whatsapp groups.

I say: Whatsapp is the true BB killer.

Having said that, WHERE IS THE WHATSAPP UPDATE FOR WINDOWS PHONE?.. (Sorry for the rant. I just don't get it that this super popular app is left behind in Windows Phone..)

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
the notification light was almost like crack. I swear when the green light was on, I would see red and check my phone.

The only thing I miss was how well it worked. My Lumia 920 and other windows phone worked as well, but coming from a Palm 600 before blackberry, it felt like I would never leave blackberry.

Believe it or not, the reason why I left blackberry was because the bold at the time was more expensive than the iPhone 3gs 32 gig. I find the keyboard on my Lumia 920 is the best keyboard of any touch or type device. I don't even need to look at the keyboard and I learned to trust the autocorrect to type really fast.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss