Carrier employees

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone wont be able to take the needed steps to get more of the market share if carrier employees don't stop talking people out of getting a WP.

A coworker really liked my 928 and decided to go with a WP. He was going to switch to At&T from T-Mobile and get a 920 from them. He came in today with an android saying that the store sales reps talked him out of the 920. When I asked him what they said to change his mind. He said that they told him WP didn't have any apps or support from Microsoft. That it was doomed to fail. But the most outrageous thing was that the WP hardware was inferior.

I doubt Microsoft can do anything about it but they are going to have to do something about this problem. I ran in to the same thing with Verizon when I switched from android to WP. I'm just thankful I did all my research and knew what I wanted.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing new. Two things can change this: Employees choose to use the phone on their own or MS pays the carriers to make their employees use them.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
People who say that kind of crap should be fired. Sorry i absolutely hate sales people who think WP is going down and only follow last years news, if someone tells that to anybody, simply tell them to check up on WP, and don't be so stubborn.

I know in some cases it occurs to get more sales on a specific device though.

Down here, salespeople are far better, they'll actually convince you to get a WP device instead of saying they're crap.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a carrier rep/manager at T-Mobile. I always recommend Windows Phone, especially the Lumia 521 as best bang for the buck on Tmo. Most of the time I get people saying, Oh! Is that the new Windows Phone?! Many people now recognize it, like it, and are buying it. I let people know about all of our phones, WP, Android, iPhone, and Blackberry and help them the select the best for their needs and budget.

Your friend has 14 days to return the phone, though they may charge him a restocking fee. They shouldn't if he's making an exchange as Verizon gives you two exchanges, I believe. Tell him to try out the 928 for 14 days and if he doesn't like it for whatever reason, take it back and get an Android or whatever.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
He called me today telling me how he hates his new phone and android. He's going back tomorrow to exchange it for a WP. I guess my biggest gripe is "some" sales reps not being informed. I had to go to a second Verizon store to find a rep that would help me with a WP. At the first store the sales girl told me unless I was getting an iPhone she couldn't help me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss