08-30-2013 11:53 AM
114 12345
    Been a nokia user since I got my first phone in 2007..
    I was using a nokia x6 till last month and it was getting old, the OS...I had my Mind on the 620 and had got a white one booked, but then decided to wait for 720. For the bigger screen and a kind-of flagship feel.....thus, a white glossy 720 enjoys here! :p
    I bumped into wpcentral a year ago after following a link on gsmarena.....my next phone will also be a Lumia btw!
    Laura Knotek and In Limbo like this.
    07-08-2013 12:08 PM
    Windows Phone app development with C#
    07-08-2013 12:15 PM
    I joined from my KIN ONEm to a Trophy and now my L822
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    07-08-2013 12:42 PM
    I liked the design of WP8 so i bought it instead of android.
    Laura Knotek and mxtremex6 like this.
    07-08-2013 12:50 PM
    I guess I wanted a change of OS, coming from Android 2.3 :) . WP is very fluid, but misses a lot of features from Android and Whatsapp/Facebook/Tapatalk among other apps and games are missing big time. I'm not quite sure if I regret going for WP8 L620 but I enjoy the smooth interface and fluid animations of WP :) . My next phone(probably in 2014) is going to be a Android for sure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 12:56 PM
    I tried windows 8 desktop OS and loved it. Looked at the surface and the windows phone and needed a new phone and decided to choose windows phone over android :)
    Laura Knotek, mxtremex6 and sumton like this.
    07-08-2013 01:06 PM
    In the winter of 2010 I was at a Rogers corporate store and they had working demo models of the Samsung Focus and Samsung Galaxy Captivate. On Froyo (at the time), the Captivate seemed a bit buggy and slow, whereas the Focus was fast and fluid. I've been a WP user ever since, now on my Lumia 920 (since Nov 2012), and not only that, but got myself further invested in the Microsoft eco-system by buying an Xbox 360, Surface Pro and XBL Gold + Music.
    Laura Knotek and sumton like this.
    07-08-2013 01:06 PM
    I initially had a Nokia E72, but I knew Symbian OS was going down. Then remember hearing about a complete remake of Windows Mobile. So I waited -- I purchase a Focus on launch day. Then I had this faint hope and idea that Nokia would jump on . . . and the rest is history . . .

I now own a Lumia 920 :)
    Laura Knotek and mxtremex6 like this.
    07-08-2013 01:08 PM
    I didn't want a smartphone with just widgets on the homescreen. Plus, I like the Zune like interface in the music hub. ;-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 02:03 PM
    For me, it was frustration with Android. My first smartphone was a 2.8-inch HTC Vogue, running WinMo 6.1. It sucked as configured, but I was able to hack the later versions of WinMo and early versions of Android onto it. Liked early Android much better than iOS, and the phones were cheaper so I got a Droid 2, and then later upgraded(?) to a Droid X2. The successive generations of Android phones had bigger and better screens, but the OS was still just as unstable/laggy as in the beginning. I got tired of having to hack ROMs to coax at best decent performance of these phones. So I decided to switch to WP8. I am loving it so far.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 02:15 PM
    It was a natural progression for me. I started out with PocketPC 1.0 HPC (still have it) PDAs and moved up step by step through the years(about 5 different PDAs). I was carrying a HP HX4700 (WM 2003 but, upgraded to WM 6.1/6.5) and a flip phone (v710 moto) and saw a PocketPC 5.0 with a phone combo(audiovox) and I gave it a shot, moved through a Touch Pro 2 (a few models inbeween) that was the best Windows Mobile devices, I was running a WP7 theme on it for a long time before the Trophy hit Verizon. After the love with the Trophy (was a great dependable phone, even tho it was low end) moved to a HTC 8x for a few months (that I just sold) and now have the Lumia 928.

I've always liked Microsoft Mobile OS's, they were slick, offered some nice features and over all stable and dependable. Even Windows Mobile 6.5 was very stable once you got rid of the crapware (HTC's interface just bogged it down) but, with a custom rom with just the OS, it was awsome for it's day.

Unless something that shows up that BLOWS ME AWAY, I will move forward to Windows Phone 9 or what ever...and no, Android wont do it for me, Google has too much power and your data already...never mind the other "issues" with Android...
    07-08-2013 02:28 PM
    I got tired of waiting for XBox Music/Zune to come to Android so I could retire my old ZuneHD. I also erroneously assumed XBox Video would work on WP8, jokes on me as far as that one went. I also liked the interface and wanted a change from Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 04:34 PM
    iPhone's exclusive deal with AT&T got me into Windows Phone. When I was ready to buy my first smartphone in 2010, I was like everyone else and wanted an iPhone, but I'm pretty entrenched with T-mobile and, like most people, not willing to switch carriers. If they would have had the iPhone back then, I would have mindlessly followed the crowd and would be a passionate Apple fanboy right now.

So, my only choice was Android and some unknown phone they had hidden in the corner -- the HD7. Compared to the Android mess that the salesperson was trying to sell me, WP7 was a breath of fresh air. Even though she tried very hard to talk me out of it, I ended up buying the HD7 and haven't looked back. I have the 8x and I'm going to be first in line next Wednesday to get the 925.

As an aside, I believe that Nokia's decision to go exclusive with AT&T is just as harmful as it was for iPhone. Android would be nowhere near as popular as it is now if the iPhone was universally available from the start.
    Last edited by steve_w_7; 08-07-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    07-08-2013 06:23 PM
    The first time I saw the UI for WP7, it was love at first sight. I absolutely love the design and typography of "metro/modern" design and the dark theme. I enjoy how refreshingly different WP is from boring 90's application icons, and I think that live tiles are awesome!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 06:24 PM
    Refugee from webOS. I was looking for a smooth interesting UI that wouldn't get sold off to HP. There it was: WP8.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 06:46 PM
    I was (and still part time am) an iPhone user, but I saw WP7 and was intrigued. I had bounced briefly through a couple android phones and couldn't go on that way, and picked up a used Focus (that is for sale if you're interested), soon to be followed by a Lumia800 (also for sale), a Lumia 900 (traded away) and now a 920.

The interface drew me in, a fresh way to do things that I can't bring myself to give up (though the ever smaller things keep pulling me back away).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 07:10 PM
    I was deeply confused which Android to get next. For a goof I researched Lumia 900 as well. When I finally saw one at Best Buy, I took a chance and left my Android plans behind. It's been a year. Now I have the 920 and am digging WP8.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 07:17 PM
    I was deeply confused which Android to get next. For a goof I researched Lumia 900 as well. When I finally saw one at Best Buy, I took a chance and left my Android plans behind. It's been a year. Now I have the 920 and am digging WP8.
    pretty much the same! i didn't know what Android phone to pick...then i saw the announcement of the Nokia Lumia 620 and completely loved it! a budget phone with amazing quality and colorful shells i can switch whenever i want? bye bye Android XD

i rly don't regret making this choice and i hope to get a Nokia Lumia flagship as my next phone :D
    07-08-2013 07:35 PM
    Refugee from webOS. I was looking for a smooth interesting UI that wouldn't get sold off to HP. There it was: WP8.
    I loved WebOS. I do enjoy WP. Sometimes just bums me out what could have been.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 10:51 PM
    I don't know what got me into Windows Phone but I'm pretty sure that I am not getting out of it. Nokia and Windows Phone forever \o/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 10:53 PM
    I had my mind set on an android device but like many I could not decide which one. I went into a T-Mobile store and played with all the phones there. Then I saw the Windows Phones (HTC Radar and Nokia 710 ) I played around with it. My little brother showed me it had Xbox Live (huge Xbox user) and I noticed it had office integration (awesome for school, work) and it was so smooth and "fresh" looking... Those three features had me sold (got the radar) and now have the 810. My sister liked it and she now has the Nokia 710, got the 8X for my mom, handed my old Radar down to my little bro and I am currently convincing my other brother to get a WP now that they are coming out to Sprint. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 11:13 PM
    These guys started my love for Microsoft and hate for Apple.

The polarizing effect of these ads had the opposite effect on me, I vowed to never own an Apple product after watching them berate Windows with these silly ads. I certainly wasn't about to buy an iPhone when they came out, but at the time I wasn't ready to buy a smart phone either. Time went by and Android entered the scene. I alllmoooooost fell into that crowd, but I started to get the same feeling from them that I did from Apple fanboys. Then I heard about Windows Phone 7 and I decided I would saddle up with Microsoft on their new venture. One used HTC Trophy from the VZW website later (cause nobody in the retail store would even talk to me after I said "Windows") I was pleased as punch with the experience and eagerly awaiting the next device available on Verizon. We know how the rest of that story goes....

Now I have the Lumia 928 and I can safely say I'm set for the next 2 years.
    Laura Knotek and despertador like this.
    07-08-2013 11:15 PM
    Nokia. Enough said .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 11:20 PM
    I used to heavily mod my HTC HD2, forever swapping android roms. Then wp7 was ported, tried it and thought it was good, went back to android, wp7.5 was ported, tried it, loved it.

Got a gs2, missed windows phone. Sold my gs2 when 7.8 landed on the hd2.

Now i have a 920
    almost the same route, had a hd2 and liked WP when it got ported, got a hd7...and the est is history
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 11:53 PM
    Well, I personally was an iOS guy, and I like Macs too. But I wanted to switch to a more open platform with bigger screens and more hardware. I knew that Android was too open and was a massive mess from personal experience. I looked at Windows Phone 7 devices and thought they weren't ready for primetime, so I waited until windows phone 8 devices, and my iPhone 4 with its icons was gone for a Lumia 920 with live tiles, a better camera, and smooth performance. Windows Phone is the best nirvana between Android and iOS. Microsoft, for once, has done something simple and brilliant. That's Mai story.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-2013 11:58 PM
114 12345