Sprint - HTC 8XT Release Date - July 19th!!??

Swiftyrox

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey WP8 Fans!! Was just doing some random searches for any additional information I could get on the HTC 8XT and Ativ S Neo for Sprint as I've been waiting over 2 years for my chance to move on from my HTC Arrive, and found this!! I can't verify if this is from a reputable source in the device community...but I'll just say it was posted today on the website CMVLIVE..I've posted the link and a quoted snippet of the article....I leave it up to you and WPCentral to validate the integrity of this information!! But if true...Gratz to those eagerly ready to get their hands on the 8XT!! I myself am more excited for the Ativ S Neo!! Enjoy!! :smile:

CMVLIVE Sprint/HTC 8XT Link

"Next week (July 19th to be exact), Sprint will finally get to experience its first Windows Phone device when they launch the new HTC 8XT. Sprint_Windows_Phone_HTC_8XT-580-75

Sprint?s consumers will finally have the chance to own a Windows Phone 8 device for $99.99 and $50 mail-in rebate. They can also get a two-year contract.

The new HTC Windows Phone device was announced by Sprint late last month. This device is geared toward music lovers with its dual front-facing stereo speakers with dedicated amplifiers. It also comes in with Beats Audio technology for ?studio quality? sound."

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still but, it's only a 8gb phone and that will s.u.c.k. for most people here if you enjoy games or apps. It also has a non-HD display on it. So, no question it's low end model. If you only use some key apps (facebook, twitter etc) and dont really care about games, it should do fine for you but, if you want to install the newest games/apps, you might hate the lack of space. The MicroSD card slot is nice but, you still can't install apps to a MicroSD card, so it's pointless for the limits of the app installs.

My Advice here, Buy off contract(is there a price for off contract yet ?) to save your upgrade for a better phone or just skip this one. You'll find after you install 2 of the larger apps, your out of space.

I know Sprint users have been waiting for a WP8 device but, not sure if this is the best option if you want to take advantage of all the features and apps Windows Phone 8 offers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb