Weird App-view behaviour or..?

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It has always been my impression that the app view changes from a row of apps to a list of app separated by "letter-bricks"(?) when you have 45 apps or more. But today all of a sudden it changed although I have only installed 42 apps - 42 icons in total in the app list on my Windows Phone.

To see what's up I un-installed about 15 apps but it just kept the "letter-brick view" so I don't really know what's going on. The only thing I can remember doing was playing around with my lock screen background.

I've tried rebooting my phone and look through the settings to see if there perhaps is a secret button to lock how the app list appears, but if there is I haven't been able to find it...

So now even though I have less than 45 apps/icons in my app list it shows as if I have 45+.

I hope you get what my problem is. I found it a bit hard to describe properly. :/ Any thoughts on this problem/behaviour? I run WP7.8. Thanks!

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Really? That strikes me as ord since they dont appear on the list.

I currently have 6 games which gives me 48 apps in total. However, removing 15 apps from that = only 33 o_O

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Once the ABC app list is activated it is permanent. Only way to restore the old way back is a reset of your phone.
The number varies from phone on the amount that is required.
ABC app list comes in handy, when you have a whole bunch of app, else you would be scrolling looking for it.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Once the ABC app list is activated it is permanent. Only way to restore the old way back is a reset of your phone.
The number varies from phone on the amount that is required.

Wow I had no idea. I guess I've never really thought about it before, but my phone did actually get reset in repears resently so that explains why it didn't show the ABC list. Now, how can it be that it's permanent? Doesn't really seem that friendly to the user. At least I'm just glad my phone isn't acting all strange. :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Now, how can it be that it's permanent? Doesn't really seem that friendly to the user. At least I'm just glad my phone isn't acting all strange. :)

Permanent has in no way to deactivate the feature, in you can remove all the apps and the abc list will still remain. Only way is to hard reset your phone losting all your settings, apps, and games etc.

Alphabetical Sorting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett