Windows phone 9 Update 2015

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One of the leaders of windows said that the 'brand' Windows 8 will be around for a long time. Their new plan is to do smaller quicker updates to Windows OS, hence we see Windows 8.1... I imagine next will be 8.2 or 8.5. I believe that this same theory will translate across to Windows Phone and we'll get 8.1 and then 8.2 or 8.5 (Like they did with 7 to 7.5 and then 7.8). These will be major updates to the platform, equivalent to ios 6 to 7 or gingerbread to jellybean. Who knows when we will see windows phone 9, and by then I imagine it would be around 2015, if not later. I just hope that they don't screw us over like they did with the transition from 7 to 8.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One of the leaders of windows said that the 'brand' Windows 8 will be around for a long time. Their new plan is to do smaller quicker updates to Windows OS, hence we see Windows 8.1... I imagine next will be 8.2 or 8.5. I believe that this same theory will translate across to Windows Phone and we'll get 8.1 and then 8.2 or 8.5 (Like they did with 7 to 7.5 and then 7.8). These will be major updates to the platform, equivalent to ios 6 to 7 or gingerbread to jellybean. Who knows when we will see windows phone 9, and by then I imagine it would be around 2015, if not later. I just hope that they don't screw us over like they did with the transition from 7 to 8.

I don't see that happening as the whole point of the transition was to merge the kernels of W8 and WP8. With the merge complete (fro the most part) I don't see them having to do this again.

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The only reason some devices might not upgrade to Windows Phone 9 could be due to ram of some of the 512mb phones. Apart from that I don't see any other reason why Microsoft would do something so foolish and not update the current generation.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This would be awesome sauce to know my Lumia 920 can handle WP9.... I wasn't even looking that far in future. Thanks for heads up all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss