07-22-2013 09:09 PM
53 123
    I don't think so. HTC is already stuck doing both. It would take a massive reorganization to just focus on one OS.
    Look at Nokia and where they got after the Symbian reorganization. With HTC profits falling, though, they better make a choice.
    07-19-2013 07:19 PM
    I think they should invest in Firefox OS because WP and Android are dominated by Nokia and Sammy respectively. Firefox on the other hand is up for grabs! ;)
    keep in mind that there'll be no high-end FirefoxOS devices because most phone companies these days are following Samsung's route which is:
    1)- make a couple high-end phones and lots of low-end
    2)- people will get tired from the low-end phones and will look for high-end phones because low-end are usually slow
    3)- ??
    4)- profit

and FirefoxOS feels just... basic, the apps are pretty much pathetic to work with.

if HTC wants a decent software for the future, Ubuntu is the best choice. why LG isn't adopting Ubuntu? I don't get it.

I also read on the news that Windows Phone is failing badly, so Windows Phone 8 won't be an attractive choice for customers.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=53yBDTMM I don't see HTC marketing and advertising it's Windows Phones anyway, not even the new 8XT.
    Last edited by qudahamohammad; 07-19-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    07-19-2013 09:30 PM
    HTC kicked themselves in the rear by going for the high end market only. HTC's strength used to be that their mid range offerings were on point. Now, they went swimming in the premium only pool and Apple (overall), Samsung (Android) and Nokia (WP) are crushing them. Last year's One X, a very good device, is all but forgotten but cause HTC's other weakness shows up...the ****ty after sales software support. You cannot use premium hardware to always fix last year's problems. I still see SGS2s because they run decent enough on 2 y.o. hardware. I wish them well, but they just know how to handcuff themselves so well that perhaps MSFT should buy them out if they're still around once the Nokia deal ends.
    07-22-2013 09:09 PM
53 123